What's new

HTS for HDTV (1 Viewer)

RohitK

Auditioning
Real Name
Rohit Kumar
i just got a HDTV LG LV 3730.. and i want to add a Home Theatre system to it. i am presently stuck up with a problem.. :confused: 1> LG has an option called Simplink where i can control other devices with just 1 remote.. so does this mean i need to get a LG home theatre for the LG tv.. or any HTS should work fine with it.. 2> Which 5.1 system is the gonna be a good choice for 25k Rs budget.. Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards Rk

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not too familiar with LG equipment, but I am wondering if Simplink is just their name for HDMI-CEC. I've seen Samsung and Toshiba TVs that include HDMI-CEC, but each has its own "brand name" for the capability.

If it is HDMI-CEC, what that means is the TV can 'talk' to any devices hooked up to it via HDMI cables. So you can use your TV remote to change channels on the TV, play/stop/skip on a Blu-Ray player, raise/lower volume on a HTIB once you get the codes all setup in the remote. It should not matter what manufacturer makes the HDMI-connected equipment, in terms of what name they use to refer to their HDMI-CEC implementation. But what may matter is what sort of devices the remote will have codes for.

For example, my in-laws have a Toshiba TV and Blu-Ray player, but a Sony soundbar. Turns out the TV remote can control the TV and Blu-Ray player, but had no codes for the soundbar. The soundbar remote could control the Soundbar and (I think) the TV, but had no codes for the Blu-Ray player. So I ended up buying them a Harmony remote and turning off HDMI-CEC entirely.

RohitK

Auditioning
Real Name
Rohit Kumar
Thanks for the Detailed Explanation . Yes its the HDMI-CEC .. Makes loads of difference after understanding the concept.. The Retailers here were kinda adamant on telling LG would only work with LG.. ok.. Now for a Home TS.. i asked around.. how would a Onkyo s3400 be ? or are there any better systems out there ? Also which multimedia system would be a fitting combo ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks