What's new

HTML tables in UBB's? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Help!
I'm trying to make a HTML table for use on a UBB message, but when I preview it, a zillion line feeds are entered, and the table appears way at the bottom of the post. Is there any way around this, or an alternative to using a table? Here is the post in question .
Thanks,
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I've never successfully done it due to the reasons you mentioned, but check out Dana Fillhart's post in http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
eek.gif

Whoa...randomly clicked on this thread, and whaddya know, I'm famous!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the compliments Mike!
Doing an HTML table is fairly simple, BUT...in this bulletin board software you should not use any hard carriage-returns, because the software will convert them to HTML tags when the post is displayed. This causes unwanted extra space to show up in the .
I recommend using a simple editor to type up your post in advance -- many of the editors out there (UltraEdit, TextPad) will color-code HTML, some will auto-complete, some are WYSIWYG...some will even format your text for you as you go. Then, once you're all done in the editor, do a find-and-replace on all carriage returns and replace them with nothing, then paste the final result into the Reply box on the forum.
Using an external editor also has the benefit of allowing you to save your text just in case something bad happens before you post your reply. Doing HTML tends to drag out the length of time it takes to reply, and nothing will make you madder than losing all of that work before it's posted for the world to enjoy.
Just some helpful hints & tips (I hope :)).
------------------

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Dave,
You could also look over my source for this: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum4/HTML/006404.html
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority !!
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on November 18, 2001 at 08:59 PM]

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the help guys!
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks