What's new

HTiB with HDMI repeater? (1 Viewer)

UniAce

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Hi all,
Does anyone know of decent HTiB (Home Theater in a Box) systems that do HDMI repeater (not just HDMI pass-through)? My budget is around $500.
thanks,
~jason

(Bonus Q to make sure I'm understanding things here: If a HTiB only had HDMI pass-through, would I still get the same sound quality as one that did have a repeater by running the audio separately from the source (e.g., Xbox360) via digital audio cable (e.g., coaxial, optical)?)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Here's the cheapest and best one I know of:
http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S6200-7-1-Channel-Entertainment-Receiver/dp/B002C73WS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265158670&sr=1-1
The price right now is $550.76 with free shipping.

While digital coax and optical sound good, there's no way to get the HD audio from blu ray movies with them. With the Onkyo 6200 above, you can get the HD audio over the HDMI connections, and the receiver decodes them. The Onkyo gives a lot of bang for the buck...............

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Sony has one, can't recommend it though since the receiver isn't really a receiver.

Yamaha is another option, but be warry of which one you choose, the speakers that come with some of them are the worst I've seen. Some of the speaker packages are pretty good too. Listen to them if you can. Onkyo usually has the best overall performance in HTiB systems though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks