What's new

HTF Warner Tv/Animation Chat 9/15/08 - summary - to be updated live (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

I'm sad to say I agree with you on all counts.

There were those rummors about a certain video company trying to licence the rights to WB's B&W similar to whats being done with the Universal/MCA stuff. (And going as far to buying 16mm prints of said shows on the collector's market) I wonder if that's part of an evaluation if true.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

And that's part of the problem. Let's say an independent did get the rights to certain shows in Warner's B/W catalog. More than likely they are only getting distribution rights and have to go and find 16mm prints that are often less than stellar. The Indy's don't have a lot of money to remaster so they end up having to put out dvds with uneven audio and video quality. If Warners would do it themselves we'd get much better quality stuff because they have the best prints. So it's a double blow when they don't have interest in releasing these vintage series themselves.

Gary "other than 'Peanuts', I'm not overly impressed with what WB has chosen to release in the last year or so" O.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

Ask them if they ever intend to do a non-bastardized season 1, and emphasize the same for the rest of the seasons.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Agree with Gary and Denny here. It would be a real shame if Maverick, for example, got released using 16mm prints instead of the high quality 35mm prints Warner has in their possession.

Were sales of the Reeves Superman and Gilligan's Island really that poor that they were scared off from doing classic TV?

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I can't get in either. Can somebody ask about the short-lived series Wizards and Warriors (from 1983) , Duck Dodgers, Pinky, Elmirya and the Brain,

Please

James Smith

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

I wonder if it was sales,or they just don't want to deal with all B&W series!

"Superman","Gilligan's Island",and "F-Troop" were part (or 1/3) B&W and the rest color.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Can someone ask about if they plan to slim down there BBC Collection Boxsets? Like Are You Being Served?, Keeping Up Apperances, and As Time Goes By

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Memo Warner Brothers:-
In regards to your classic b/w tv shows from 1955-1963-STOP with your SPIN and tell us exactly of your plans regarding these shows.:angry:

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
More MGM Cartoon, Night Court & Waltons!!

Has anyone asked about the rest of Fresh Prince?

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Trying to get into the chat and having absolutely no luck. Keeps giving me: "Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect"

So, if anyone in chat has the opportunity, would appreciate hearing about some one season shows like "Two of a Kind", "I'm with Her", and "The Class." Oh, and it'd be great to find out if the Duck Dodgers tv show is on their radar for release. Thanks.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
What is WLIIA?

EDIT-- Nevermind. Figured it out as soon as I hit submit.

Who's Line Is It Anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks