What's new

Directors HTF Tournament: Reviving the Icons of Cinema (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
And your winner of the tournament:
Stanley Kubrick
with a score of 7 - 5
This is who I thought would be the winner, and I can live with this choice. Thank you folks for participating. If you folks will take the time, take a look over the results on the first page.
Please feel free to add any comments on how well (or awful) I ran this tourney. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Dome,
Everything was good about the tournament except for the final outcome. :frowning:
Brought back at his peak, we could expect to get 9 films in 7 years, including 4 masterpieces, 4 great films, and 1 dud from Hitchcock.
Kubrick at his peak would take 39 years to give us 9 films, including 2 masterpieces, 2 great films, 2 decent films and 3 duds.
All in my opinion and statistical analyses of the data of course :).

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the docs or Fear And Desire, but I've never seen a "dud" from Kubrick and would describe all but a couple as great. I can't say the same for Hitchcock.

Obviously, I'm pleased with the outcome. Thanks for the tournament Dome.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'd consider The Wrong Man to be a dud. It's not horrible by any means, but compared to the films surrounding it, I consider it a dud.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather have 1 more Kubrick film, which would undoubtedly be something like he'd never done before, than 5 more Hitchcocks, which would probably be in the same vein as all his other stuff. I dearly love Hitchcock, but Kubrick's career feels far more "incomplete".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks