What's new

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Ang Lee’s “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” Is A $50 Mil Mistake in 4D, Which is 2D Too Many

Bring your Dramamine, because Ang is besotted by a new process that combines 3D with something called 4K, which produces 120 frames per second. Not only do you have to wear special glasses for it, but when the main character keeps asking for Advil in the film, you will be too. .........................................

whatever this new process is– please, no one use it again. It makes the screen look like a video show or a soap opera. It has that HD effect you’re always trying to fix on your Smart TV. I don’t know what Ang Lee was thinking. He said before last night’s screening that he was very nervous. And he did say, “I am not crazy.” But something sold this Oscar winner on a pig in the poke. The lighting is bad, close ups are horrendous, no favors are given to even good looking actors, forget old ones are homely types. Steve Martin, a handsome man, should sue

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Hobbit movies looked godawful at 48 fps so I can only imagine that 120 fps looks 2 and a half times more like a video game any time there's a camera move or movement onscreen. It's been nearly two years since there was a HFR movie so I thought the look and the reaction to The Hobbit effectively killed HFR.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
BTW, Ron, amazon is totally messing with us. They dropped the price of Ghostbusters 4K + 3D to $25.96 just shy of our $24.99 barrier. I don't know about you, but I'm staying on my side of the line drawn in the sand.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We saw the first Hobbit movie at a regular 3D IMAX movie theatre and I always thought I was missing something by not seeing HFR, so when the second one came out I made sure we saw it in the new format. WE COULDN'T SEE ANY DIFFERENCE! We saw the 3rd one at a regular IMAX 3D theatre.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BTW, Ron, amazon is totally messing with us. They dropped the price of Ghostbusters 4K + 3D to $25.96 just shy of our $24.99 barrier. I don't know about you, but I'm staying on my side of the line drawn in the sand.

Yup. It's gotta drop another buck for me to buy it.

Keep me informed.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Picked up It came from outer space today for £8. I think I read the film itself is not great but the 3D pretty strong ?. Is it worth a look ?.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks