What's new

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Translated by Google:

lichtmond-the-journey-logo-hq.jpg

A sensory journey into Fantastic Worlds - The special musical experience The new LICHTMOND released on October 14, 2016 exclusively at Electrola / Universal Music

The speed of life carried on the waves of countless feelings, unaware of everything is what, knowing what was

Life as a unique journey through evolution and transformation never been so intense, varied and exciting - is exactly what makes us the fourth LICHTMOND-production "The Journey" of the successful producer Giorgio and Martin Koppehele at close quarters.

Part surrealistic, partly realistically we see all the elements of this new symbolic LICHTMOND World, which tells the emergence, converting and passing complex in a song accompanied history.

With the main character, the "Live-Giver" we fly in a beautiful landscape and experience how the "Magic Tree" very quickly the seasons change and how breathtakingly fast elapses one year. Plants and objects are brought to life.

A pyramid is the symbol of the small in the large - a little magical object in the hand of the "Life Giver" to a big spaceship. Transcendent stairs into the sky in an architecture that is in the clouds.

Superb sound universe

Unmistakable and yet always new is the unique LICHTMOND sound and song world which adds both dramaturgical perfect visual story power, intensity and emotionality. The magic LICHTMOND Triangle of electronics, ethno and rock songs, great voices and poignant poetry is always fascinating.

A special song Highlight this time the grandiose cover of instrumental classic by Robert Miles, "CHILDREN". Giorgio and Martin created a beautiful version with the unmistakable vocals of LICHTMOND artist Meera Fé that appear parallel to the publication as a radio single. Another highlight is the renewed cooperation with the Corsican vocal acrobats of I MUVRINI and Karen Kassulat on the song "True destination".

Together with their wives Suna (melodies and English texts) and Gabi (poems) created Giorgio and Martin many more musical tone beads with LICHTMOND artists Meera Fé (vocals, piano), Saskia Phillips (vocals) and Thomas E. Killinger (poems, Piano).

Galactic high-tech spheres

Of course LICHTMOND "The Journey" again has some features which the producer ausreizen is technically feasible to make an even more brilliant listening and viewing experience possible.

Dolby Atmos

"We are very pleased that the new LICHTMOND" The Journey "Blu-ray also a discrete DOLBY includes time in addition to our 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1 mixes ATMOS mixture. The object-based, three-dimensional ATMOS mixture with additional speakers on the ceiling attracts the listener much more emotional and in our world of sound. "Said Giorgio and Martin Koppehele. "The LICHTMOND DOLBY ATMOS mixtures were mixed by Chris Heil in the Munich MSM Studios, offer specially in music unimagined possibilities and a unique, new listening experience."

4K UHD Blu-ray

"In our 3 Disc Special Edition has its own 4K UHD Blu-ray bonus disc. This 4K UHD Bluray contains specially rendered in 4K UHD highlights of our recent LICHTMOND productions. (UHD Encoding of Silicon Philosophies, Miguel Clarke) We are very happy that the LICHTMOND imagery in this high UHD resolution can be enjoyed with the finest details with particular intensity. "

The Spanish Visual Artist Team of Imago-D Studios (Diego M. Bonati and Javier Sáenz-Messia) has exceeded "The Journey" itself: In addition to a fantastic, immersive 3D experience that can be enjoyed in 2D, were this time individual objects even applied in 8K resolution, resulting in a unique viewing experience

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
View attachment 33711

You may remember I bought this Blu-ray blindly when it went on sale for $20 a few short weeks ago.

Sat down and watched it this morning.

So many things to say about this film...

First, I want to say that it's a finely made movie. With Ron Howard and Imagine Entertainment at the helm, I wouldn't expect anything less. It's a period film and the set pieces are incredible. I really love the way this film was photographed and edited. It once again shows what a talented Director Ron Howard is. This film feels epic,

The problem is that this can be a very tedious film to watch. It rolls along very well for the first hour, but after that, you just start feeling every single minute go by and wish for the end. It just seemed like rather choppy storytelling with some great action sequences but eventually ending up as a story about a bunch of men in a lifeboat.

On the plus side, the 3D is very good, thanks to a well done upconversion. The water sequences are nicely enhanced -- particularly during a fire incident involving The Essex ship late in the film.

Even better is the Atmos audio. This is by far the best Atmos presentation I have experienced to date. The 7.1 track shows off every creak in the ship. It's amazing how many nuances are brought out across the entire soundfield. The overhead speakers do an outstanding job of bringing rain, splashing water and flying seagulls into proper perspective. It's an amazing sonic experience and could be the best demo disc for Atmos to date. If I were to cite a single reason to upgrade to Atmos, it would be this disc.

So, to sum it up....

Fairly good movie --- not great. No value for a repeat watch. The 3D conversion is very good and enhances the story nicely. The 7.1 mix is outstanding. The Dolby Atmos mix is incredible.​

They only had the 2D version on a HBO a few weeks ago. So I watched it and enjoyed the movie. I didn't think the 3D would add much anyhow. Boy, was I wrong. HBO now has the 3D version and the 3D made a big difference. It looked to me like they filmed it in 3D or I guess they must of set up the scenes to take advantage of the future conversion to 3D.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Looks like Ron is moving It Came From Outer Space into the #3 spot. It's been a while since we've seen a move like that. It must REALLY be that damn good.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
They only had the 2D version on a HBO a few weeks ago. So I watched it and enjoyed the movie. I didn't think the 3D would add much anyhow. Boy, was I wrong. HBO now has the 3D version and the 3D made a big difference. It looked to me like they filmed it in 3D or I guess they must of set up the scenes to take advantage of the future conversion to 3D.

I absolutely loved the 3D in this film, I honestly couldn't imagine it without it

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
My Dad wanted the spider man films which I picked up, he rang me to say that there was no 3D at all and my mum watched it without the glasses, I'm thinking he may have not set something on loading the disc or the 3D really is non existent on those titles ?.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
My Dad wanted the spider man films which I picked up, he rang me to say that there was no 3D at all and my mum watched it without the glasses, I'm thinking he may have not set something on loading the disc or the 3D really is non existent on those titles ?.
Which ones did you buy? The earlier Spiderman films (2002-2005 {?}) with Tobey McGuire were not in 3-D. Just the two "Amazing" Spiderman.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I don't mean to doubt your parents, but perhaps you should go over there and see what is going on. Years ago, when I went home for a visit after moving out for a while, my father said "Thank goodness you are here! We have been watching TV in black and white for a month". The had accidently turned the colour off!

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Well I have double checked the first one on my own system, seems they were right. All foreground is totally in focus and 1 image on the 3D disc, it's only slight background that has a little seperation. I think these will be 2d watches.

I decided to have a look at Hybrid 3D and there was a trailer for Hidden 3D.. Wow that looks to have some pop out !, has anyone seen it ?.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I don't mean to doubt your parents, but perhaps you should go over there and see what is going on. Years ago, when I went home for a visit after moving out for a while, my father said "Thank goodness you are here! We have been watching TV in black and white for a month". The had accidently turned the colour off!

Lol!, I hear you, I setup a harmony for my dad to make things easier as the lg tv has no HDMI auto switching, if he forgets to keep pointing whilst it's booting the activity I soon get a call !.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I have 3D discs that only output a 3D image when played from the first chapter stop, not by pressing "play." I think this is player- and not disc-related but still FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks