385.8 KB · Views: 74

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
larrdog why did you start a thread in the
MOVIES section stating Rocky Mountain Railroad 3D with a link to a 2D version at Best Buy??:unsure:

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Pardon my ignorance but what's it about ?, is it a film or a documentary :huh:

It is a documentary film directed by Stephen Low who also brought us Rescue 3D, The Ultimate Wave Tahiti 3D, Legends of Flight 3D to name a few. Though filmed in mono 15perf/70mm, I believe a post-conversion was done by IMAX (unconfirmed). Given the subject matter, i.e., trains, Canadian landscape, etc., there's great potential for 3-D.

Rocky Mountain Express propels audiences on a steam train journey through the breathtaking vistas of the Canadian Rockies and highlights the adventure of building a nearly impossible transcontinental railway. Recruited to realize this venture—one of the greatest engineering feats of all time—were engineers and laborers from around the world. The film weaves together spectacular IMAX aerial cinematography, archival photographs and maps, and the potent energy and rhythms of a live steam locomotive to immerse audiences in this remarkable story from the age of steam.

Last edited:

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
We just wrapped up a Kung Fu Panda 3-D marathon. Viewers include a 47 year old, 44 year old and a 10 year old. The collective opinion? #2 comes out on top. The story and character development are enchanting. As for the 3-D, Martin Liebman summed it up best in his review:

As far as the 3D content, there's maybe just one word that may adequately describe it and the experience of watching it: "drool." Even after watching dozens of 3D Blu-ray releases, this one stands out as masterful, a cut above even the best yet seen on Blu-ray

I couldn't agree more.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Rumor has it, Star Wars Episodes I-III and VII are headed our way . . . in 3-D!

From the Digital Bits, Rumor Mill:

By the way, file this in the Rumor Mill category, but we’re now hearing a new Star Wars-related Blu-ray rumor from some of our retail and industry sources, and this one makes a bit more sense. Disney and Lucasfilm MAY be planning a Blu-ray 3D box set that would include The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith, plus The Force Awakens, all in 3D. As you know, the prequels were going to be 3D-converted for theatrical release several years ago, but only the 3D conversion of The Phantom Menace was released into theaters (in early 2012), the 3D conversion of Attack of the Clones screened at the Christopher B. Smith Film Center in San Rafael, CA last November (as part of a tribute to Dennis Muren), and Revenge of the Sith finally made its 3D debut at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim last year. So a Blu-ray release would make sense on a lot of levels, though Fox still owns the physical distribution rights to the prequels (which is not to say that some kind of deal couldn’t be made if the desire was there). We’re digging into this with our sources and will try to confirm one way or another.

:):thumbs-up-smiley::drum::banana::dancing-banana-04::cheers::popcorn::3dglasses:

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Wanted to share an observation my son and I made about a scene in Kung Fu Panda 2 (3D). It was where Po and the Furious Five end up back in the prison holding Masters Storming Ox and Croc. I hit pause, and we counted as many as 6 or 7 layers of objects on the screen. I have never seen that before in an animated film.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Wanted to share an observation my son and I made about a scene in Kung Fu Panda 2 (3D). It was where Po and the Furious Five end up back in the prison holding Masters Storming Ox and Croc. I hit pause, and we counted as many as 6 or 7 layers of objects on the screen. I have never seen that before in an animated film.

It's some good 3D shit :banana::wub::popcorn::dance::rolling-smiley:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Watched Zootropolis/topia/mania yesterday...

Not very Disney like was it?, wife and I both agreed it was more like a Dreamworks with a little NWave in there.

We did enjoy the movie and there was some reasonable 3D at large to!. I won't go into detail re 3D as it involved removing my glasses a few times... :rolleyes::blink::laugh:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm still waiting for my Zootropolis (I hate that title) to arrive from Amazon. Why didn't I just pick it up from local supermarket? :angry:

I did pick up Kung Fu Panda 3 in 3D, completely forgot it was out. First thing I did was bin the casing. If it was a lenticular cover I would have kept it. Apart from wasting space on my shelves I hate putting the blu-ray case back in it's cover and than the plastic catches, brrr :)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I'm still waiting for my Zootropolis (I hate that title) to arrive from Amazon. Why didn't I just pick it up from local supermarket? :angry:

I did pick up Kung Fu Panda 3 in 3D, completely forgot it was out. First thing I did was bin the casing. If it was a lenticular cover I would have kept it. Apart from wasting space on my shelves I hate putting the blu-ray case back in it's cover and than the plastic catches, brrr :)

It must be hell. Get your manservant to do it for you like I do.:)

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

Your crazy :D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
'Crazy' is watching Alien and Star Wars in black and white, which is what I did one evening just for fun. Alien looked especially creepy in monochrome, well worth a look.

I have too many films on these shelves, I need all the space I can get. Some people throw away the cases too and keep the discs in binders, members of this forum. I would never go that far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks