What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Wyatt Earp - Two Disc Special Edition (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Talk about coincidence. For those that can still catch it, the History Channel has on right now "Investigating History" all about Wyatt Earp. It started at 9:00 p.m. CST, so its not too late to catch it. An excellent companion to use in comparison to Tombstone and Wyatt Earp the films. This would have been the perfect documentary to go on the second disc in this 2-Disc set.

YANG

Screenwriter
I've bought the R3 release of WYATT EARP which shares the same extras and breaks as well as R1. Reason...ehh...this is not a D.C.

Anyway, i'll keep this release for the mean time till the future release of D.C version from R1.

Me too...does not understand why the whole movie cannot be squeeze into 1 disc. Shouldn't they dump off other laguage tracks for additional space?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I don't really get it either. The Right Stuff runs 3 minutes longer and is on one disc, and it looked great. Language tracks are the same, too (English 5.1, French Surround). Is Wyatt Earp really that hard a movie to compress properly so they couldn't have fit it on 1 disc? I don't really mind getting up and changing the disc if the film's running time warrants it. I may be wrong, but I'm just not convinced that it was necessary in the case of Wyatt Earp.

Chris

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Anyone think they spread it over 2 discs so that the extra's disc wouldn't be so empty? I think if they had the film on one discs the extra's disc wouldn't justify being made cause the extra's are so paultry!

Gotta admit though the picture is beautiful!!!

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to share that TNT just aired Wyatt Earp either last night or the night before. Thought it was a good move I guess to compete with the dvd release for those people that are thinking "why should I buy the dvd when I can see it on tv?"

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
True, but granted on TV it's in full screen, edited for time and content, and has commercials. I saw this on there also, but since I have it on DVD now, it didn't really make much sense to watch lesser quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks