What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Welcome to Mooseport" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Adam,

Let me throw my hat in the ring for a big thumbs
up for this film.

Highlights from a previous post....

I had the pleasure of receiving an advanced screener
of Welcome to Mooseport that stars Ray Romano
and Gene Hackman.

It's one of those fun little films that probably
didn't do overwhelmingly well theatrically, but will
explode on DVD.

The film is just a delightful watch. It's quite
funny and perfect entertainment for both teens and
adults.

I am also in love with Maura Tierney who plays the
female love interest, Sally. She is amazingly cute.

Transfer quality on this advance retail screener
was top-notch. I can't see why the DVD wouldn't
look just as brilliant.

Like In America, I think this is going to
be another Fox title that will shine on this format.
I encourage members to watch for Welcome to
Mooseport when it arrives on DVD.

Glad you agree, Adam

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
Can't wait to see this one now. At first I wasn't sure, but your review made me want to see it. Just out of curiosity, do you know which trailer it is for Day After Tomorrow?

Clayton

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Haven't seen the movie, but I put this on my "To get on May 25th list", after reading this review.

Paul

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit

Clayton, the TDAT trailer is nothing special. It is the same one on Stuck on You DVD. It is more of a "teaser trailer" as the trailer on their TDAT website is much more involved.

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Not a fan of the ass screenshots, particularly so early in the morning. On the other hand, the review of the film itself sounds like at least a rental.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
On the opposite end of the spectrum... :) I thought this was a boring, plodding, lifeless, pedestrian comedy. Didn't laugh once. No humor or wit, unless you consider monotone, stammered line readings or bad facsimiles lifted from reruns of Northern Exposure to be inherently funny. It gets fewer laughs than your average sitcom, despite running four times the length of one. The only "funny" thing I can say about it is that the moral of the story is that you have to take risks to achieve greatness, but Welcome to Mooseport doesn't take any chances whatsoever. Welcome to Mooseport is currently duking it out with Grind and Carpool as my least favorite comedy that I've seen this year.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit

This may be one of the great examples of one man's trash, is another man's treasure. :) Although, you can't argue that the transfer to DVD was done splendidly, which is really what the DVD reviews are after.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just watched this and thought it was a riot.
and very touching too.

great film for the whole family to sit down an enjoy.

i dont like romano's tv show a little bit, but he was good here.
i think he may be better suited to these type of movies over that tv show.

in that clearing preview i thought redford and defoe looked eerily similar, like they could be brothers.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great review Adam! Thank you.

I'm not a fan of the Romano TV show, but I really enjoyed the movie when my wife and I saw it at the theater. I think one reason it did so poorly is that Romano quasi-trashed it non-stop for several weeks before it even opened. His performance may not have been the greatest, but his co-stars made up for it.

Marcia Gay Harden :emoji_thumbsup: Artie, er, Rip Torn :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

This isn't the best movie ever made, but I think most people will think it was worth watching. I agree with the previous poster who said this is the kind of movie that will do much better on home video (or even HBO) than it did at the theater.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks