What's new

HTF REVIEW: "UHF" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Al's commentary is absolutely fantastic. (Jay Levey pops in from time to time, but this track is ALL Al!) It would be nice to see all DVD commentary participants with the enthusiasm of Weird Al!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Good luck finding it at Best Buy...the guy said he had em in the back but they weren't priced. I waitied around for 45 min. and gave up. I went to fye instead. www.fye.com

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Good luck finding it at Best Buy...the guy said he had em in the back but they weren't priced. I waitied around for 45 min. and gave up. I went to fye instead.
Had the same problem with Dune last week. I went there on Wednesday and they didn't have it out and could not find them despite the computer confirming that 35 copies had been devlivered the day before. Went back Saturday and they STILL didn't have them out, so I put on my best smile and asked the sales associate to find me one. He did. I also picked up UHF. Hell, $9.99! What's not to like? It even inspired me to change my sig.

"This town means about as much to me as a festering bowl of dog snot!"

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I had a similar situation with Real Genius, showing stock, but the BB dude NOT wanting to check for them in the back room; he claimed they all musta sold out. Consequently, they lost my sale, as I got it elsewhere. Two days later I was back in BB, and saw the exact number of copies of RG on the shelf as their computers had said were in inventory the other day! :rolleyes

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
At least in my case, both days I encountered very helpful salespeople. The guy on Wednesday just couldn't find it. It was probably still boxed up in a truck.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I finally got my copy

Ahh, Weird Al approved UHF SE. Me likey! Looks like the sales are once again justifying your well-priced, great content SEs MGM! Well done!

Buckaroo

Killer Klowns

UHF

Mad Max w/OSL

Can it get much better?

BarryS

Second Unit
I just bought UHF at Best Buy today for $7.99!! Great DVD too. Everyone who likes cult movies should get this one while it lasts. I'm very pleased with MGM's budget line DVDs. Last year, they released one of my all-time favorites Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (and Bogus Journey) in anamorphic widescreen at a $9.99 price point, and now UHF! I'm in hog heaven.

Bravo, MGM! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks