What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Toy Story 10th Anniversary Edition: MUST BUY (1 Viewer)

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fabien Renelli
I read in the DVDFile review that there is a french track and french subtitles... So, is it right?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
French and Spanish 2.0 DD language tracks...

more to come this afternoon when I have time to post!

(p.s. most of the SE material is ported from the existing box set...bottom line is tha bonus material is *not* a reason to upgrade to this new copy...but it's not a reason to avoid the purchase either)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It'll probably be the usual two-disc keepcase with slip cover. :)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Good review, David. But I'm planning to stick with my OOP copy of The Ultimate Toy Box, no sense for me to double-dip on this title.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Holy *#%!, I didn't think it possible but you've convinced me!!!

I agree that we need comparisson shots though, do you have captioning capabilites because I like others am also drooling in anticipation and cannot wait to see what you're describing!

and I'm still not parting with my Toy Box, I refuse to let it go!!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

"most", eh?!?!

David, since TS 2 is one of my favorite all-time movies (with TS not too far behind), I am reading each word you write here VERY carefully. Not TOO much pressure, is it?!?! :D

EDIT** Ya know, it wasn't until I pushed the "POST" button and saw my post pop up on-screen that I realized what was in my sig. :b Well...not that I "forgot", I just don't usually think of it as being in context to the discussion at hand.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I just got the R2 Ultimate Toy Box from eBay (R2 because I found it for about $30). Well, I may have to buy this and the inevitable TS2 SE up if the transfers are as good as you say.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
A fair & just review of the transfer and the situation (previous release is still near reference & HD is coming). Thank you.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Could you post some examples of the extra detail in the new transfer compared to the old one?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Terrific, I was gonna buy this one regardless (never got the Ultimate Toy Box =() but you're review has sealed the deal

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I just love my Ultimate Toy Box too much. I can't make a definitive argument against other folks upgrading, but I think I'll stick with what I've got at this point.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe the Benq 8700 projector has any captioning capabilities - heck I don't think it is possible to send it over a DVI connection - can it? Hmmm. And I don't remember if the Momitsu V880 player can generate caption titles either - I doubt it.

I had no clue Disney was releasing a new Toy Story set - I am still in a state of shock. :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
BTW David, I do believe the Momitsu does add a very small amount of ringing to some images. It is subtle, but to me it makes some scenes look "digital" - for example, when Sam runs up the stairs to rescue Frodo in ROTK, the walls seem to sparkle - which doesn't occur on my HTPC. So your observation of very small vertical ringing could be the same artifact...

Anyways, great review David!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
OK, OK, Already! I give up! I'm pre-ordering the thing NOW!

Seriously, I can't wait to feed this transfer to my new Infocus 4805! It sounds as though this could be the ultimate demo disc for a native 480p res pj!

Thanks for the tremendous review!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Just updated the bonus feature area (and a bit in the PQ area)...

and thanks to William who emailed me and alerted me to the many mis-spellings in the review...I had run the whole thing through MS word before the initial posting but apparently I pasted the old draft into the post and not the spell-checked version! I'm so embarassed... :b

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can someone please compile a list of extras that were NOT carried over to this new edition from the ultimate toy box?

What's been "dropped" on this release in terms of supplementals?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks