What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Top Secret!" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Don Marsh

Grip
Quote from the movie (paraphrased because i'm terrible with remembering quotes):
"The Polaris Mine is capable of removing [some ungodly number] tons of salt from the ocean a day"
"Wow! All that salt! Think of what it would mean to the starving countries!"
I love this movie! So many great lines and really clever jokes. Can't wait until tuesday.
Edit I can't believe this is my first post. Seem like i've been lurking forever and that i would have at least posted once. :b

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
We love you Paramount! :)
Note to other studios: See what happens when you listen to input from fans...you make money. :)
I feel so proud that I had a small part to play in this film getting released. Between my thread, and all the other 'Top Secret!' threads, we did it! :emoji_thumbsup:
It's all mine Tuesday!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's kind of funny...
Yesterday afternoon one of the local NYC
telelevision stations was showing Top Secret!.
They cut it to shreds.
All references of the male ballet dancers were
removed. Even the slightest sexual innuendo was
not to be seen.
To make up for all the lost time, all the
BONUS FOOTAGE that can be found on the
DVD was inserted back into the film.
So, I suppose that footage has been seen before
in past television showings.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
And don't forget to watch (and read) the end credits, there's some great stuff in there!:
Focus Puller
Clapper Loader
Focus Loader
Clapper Puller
Puller Clapper
Clapper Clapper
Flipper Flapper
Haberdasher
:laugh:
Rob

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Bought the last one at Circuit City, and finished all the things on it.
A funny commentary, but not as funny as their other ones.
But still worth a listen

Check out the storyboards, I think it's funny that they even had a story board for the woman with big breasts, that was laying in the sand.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I guess I expect too much from these 80's Low Budget comedies but this disk does not lookall too great. It does get better in the 2nd half but not by much. I'll have to pull out my copy of Airplane but I think it looked better than this. It looked like Paramount decided this was'nt worth a restore. I have'nt bought Better off Dead yet, but I'm expecting more of the same. Guess we're lucky to get this at all.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Im out of town right now and my disk is at home waiting for me. I honestly dont care too much what the transfer will be like. I just cant wait to watch it in OAR for the first time.

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing that I found odd was the complete lack of sound in the menu screens. I actually thought there might have been something wrong with my set-up until the movie actually started.

A great big thanks to Paramount for putting this one out!

KiA_T

Auditioning
has anyone encountered two releases online?
there is the checkpoint release, pg-13, UPC: 9736015672
and there is sensormatic release, pg, UPC: 9736015674

almost everywhere seems to carry the latter.
playcentric.com sells the checkpoint release.

according to dvd profiler, the checkpoint does not have commentaries but has 2 more minutes of movie time.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
I listened to the commentary on this, and I was surprised how they really didn't seem to have much affection for the film. There's a lot of time talking about how the movie didn't work, wasn't funny, etc. There's some good stuff in there, too, but when you hear one of the directors say 'do we really have to watch the rest of this?' (and not in a joking way), you kind of wonder why they did the track to begin with...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks