What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: To Live and Die in L.A. - Special Edition (Highly Recommended!!) (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I no longer have my players hooked up but what were you going to do with the times Damin?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I no longer have my players hooked up but what were you going to do with the times Damin?
I would work to confirm that the scene exists and is missing from the DVD version. So far the only evidence we have to go on is your memory. And one's memory of a film, as we've seen over and again in many discussions here on HTF, isn't exactly reliable. Indeed, someone else doesn't remember the scene at all.

I'm sorry, but until you give us something more to go on, I've got no reason to believe that the DVD is anything other than the full original version of the film. If you're going to make a statement as bold and clear-cut as that the scene "has been in all previous home video releases," you'd better have the goods to back it up. I would hope no one else goes around declaring the DVD to be "cut" based upon such non-existent evidence, either.

DJ

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Bloody Hell, that's a bit strong Damin!!!

If you look back, Allan Cast does recall the scene & he is in the USA so it was obviously on home video in the USA as well as the UK, the copy I'm referring to is a UK ex-rental tape.

It actually belongs to my friend & I thought he said he had it on LD too but I heard wrong.

The scene is quite lengthy, probably around 3 minutes so it's not something I made up.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
The scene is quite lengthy, probably around 3 minutes so it's not something I made up.
Maybe it was a scene added for television broadcast. Maybe you have it confused with another film.

Anyway, please get back to me when you can give specific proof of the existence of the scene on "all previous home video releases." Otherwise, it would appear that you've made the statement without any proof at all.

DJ

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Shouldn't that be Damin Cochran? What is this a discussion board or a major court case?

If you read my follow up, you'd see I admitted I was wrong about it being in ALL previous home video releases as I'd misunderstood about my friend having a copy on LD.

You'd also see that I mentioned it was on a UK ex-rental tape and NOT a TV broadcast.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
What is this a discussion board or a major court case?
It's a discussion board, but more importantly it's the internet -- a place where inaccuracies can quickly assume the status of "facts" by the sheer power of repetition. I don't think it's too much to ask for substantiation before pronouncing that a long-awaited DVD release prepared with the director's participation contains a version of the movie that's been surreptitiously cut.

M.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
After only ever seeing the film with said scene intact, along with others watching the film who corroborate, I would have no reason to think this version without said scene is not cut.

Other than my misunderstanding regarding the LD release, I see nothing wrong with my post and those who have persecuted my for posting need to stop doubting people so much.

Those of us who watched the DVD could all describe the missing scene in detail & though I never said it was in the theatrical cut, it definitely exists.

Allan Cast

Agent
I probably saw the scene in a broadcast version of the film where alot of the graphic violence (ex, characters getting shot in the face) was cut but other scenes not on the the theatrical cut put in. :confused:

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I don't think you understand what I said Damin, you even quoted me but then misinterpreted.

Those of us who watched the DVD could all describe the missing scene in detail
stating that you & HankM do not recall the scene when I already told you I was with others watching the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks