What's new

HTF REVIEW: "The Time Machine" (with screenshots) - REPOST (1 Viewer)

JaleelK

Second Unit
My scathing denuciation for PH is based on the fact that it pretends to be based on real events; while it, in actuality didn't have the balls to actually portray real events and instead hid behind one of the most boring, drawn-out and silly love stories in decades. No one had the moral or intestinal fortitude to portray PH for what it was: the abysmal and incredible arrogance of the US political, intelligence and military system. While film makers didn't seem to hesitate in making Thirteen Days as close as it could to the real thing (because it was a success) PH, as a movie, should be a disgrace to anyone who ever had personal ties to it.
I think you are being a too serious about a movie, expecting too much from Hollywood. I think you were looking for a documentary and got a special effects summer movie. I expected a summer movie and that's what I got and that is why I like PH. Movies rarely give you the true facts, truth in the world today is rarely spoken or practiced.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I remember seeing the original when I was 10 in my school's gymnasium. Every week the teachers would set a projector and use the school's screen, which I think was about 8 to 9 feet wide, and I can still recall the excitement we all felt as we watched the film.
Imagine a school of almost 300 kids from grades 3 to 8 all screaming when the monsters (forgive me I can't remember what they were called) started attacking the kids in the future.:D

Brenton

Screenwriter
This thread has rekindled the desire for me to see the original again. I just added it to my "DVDs to Buy" list.

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
One extra reason for owning this film - for all you nay-sayers. Samantha Mumba in a CLEARLY see-through top for half the movie. I can't believe that costume, though I'm very grateful!
I have the disc already (I live in the UK and some discs for some reason reach here first). It's a very good disc, some nice but brief extras. The film itself is no knockout but entertaining enough. The FX and score are also pretty good. Maybe there aren't enough jump-cuts and explosions for today's audiences??

Ben Rogers

Stunt Coordinator
I DISAGREED WITH RON EPSTEIN

This movies is absolutely awesome with a great romance theme. I RECOMMEND it. Last time I bought Bandits based on Ron's review. He said it was a good movie and the movie turned out to be so SUCKS that I fell asleep and costed me 17.99$. I guess we should all buy TMachine and see for ourselves rather than buy or not based on someone else's review

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Wow Ben, that wasn't nice, especially to the Co-Owner of this forum :frowning:
Maybe you're joking though, it's early enough that I can't tell.
cheers!
Josh

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Well, I saw this movie in the theater during it's first run, and wondered why it left a bad taste in my mouth at the time. After the opening romance it took off in another complete direction. WAAAaaay too much 'doom and gloom' and I can't recall any kind of comic relief whatsoever. Not that a movie HAS to have comedy, but SOMETHING would have been nice to relieve the anxiety I felt while watching this thing.
I dunno ... maybe a good dose of Metamucil :D

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Maybe there aren't enough jump-cuts and explosions for today's audiences??
Naw... It's the lack of a compelling original story, a lackluster screenplay, the amaturish pacing and the awful derivative "new age" score that keeps so many people away.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Jack Harasta has nailed *everything* that was wrong with the 2002 version of The Time Machine. Bravo!

Brenton

Screenwriter
Well, I picked up the original the other day, and I'm glad I did! Even better than I remembered! So good that it makes the new version seem even worse.

Gotta love those blue Morlocks with their lightbulb eyes that blink out when they die!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
The way this is getting picked apart here, consider my pre-order with dvd planet cancelled. I'll just rent it.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks