What's new

HTF REVIEW: The Muppet Christmas Carol - RECOMMENDED with mixed feelings (1 Viewer)

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Well, Fraggle Rock isn't Disney's domain. However, you can blame them for Kermit being cut from the new Emett Otter's Jugband Christmas DVD. (HIT tried to keep Kermit in, but Disney wouldn't allow it - at any price.)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Colby Wrote:

:eek: Which DVD release is this?

I have the Jim Henson Home Entertainment "Emmet Otter's Jug~Band Christmas" DVD, released in R1 on 11/6/2001.

Kermit is not only in the movies introduction, but his picture is on the front cover, in the foreground and also on the spine of the case.

Paul

Edit: See DVD coll #852, using the link below in my signature box, to view the picture of the Jug~Band Christmas front and back cover and/or you can search under the 11/6/2001 release date, for the title.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I was watching A Muppet Family Christmas, what with all the Fraggles & Sesame Street characters in it, do you think we'll EVER see that released again?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

What was cut and why? I know the soundtrack album has an extra verse of "I Hope that Something Better Comes Along", was that part of it?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I can say is that the song is a classic, and a sorely missed point in the w/s version of the film.

:thumbsdown:

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The cut footage appears at the end. Different gags were used. The footage is of the Muppets in the theatre.

Adrian_B

Grip
The Muppets have always been sorely abused. Easy family-friendly money with what distributors must think is little critical responsibility.

The Muppet Family Christmas received THE WORST handling on video release, cutting nearly 15 minutes because of song rights. Tragedy to me as I consider it one of their best.

Is there a site dedicated to edits in Muppet releases? I hadn't heard about the Muppet Show season one being edited, but I'm not surprised.

Personally, I've emailed Disney about it, not because it will have any impact, but because they need to hear it anyway. I encourage anyone else to do the same (politely).

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Adrian_B wrote:I'm glad I still have "The Muppet Family Christmas", recorded from the first broadcast, commercials and all. This was one of my first S-VHS recordings I made after JVC just introduced the S-VHS technology. It was quite a few years later before S-VHS caught on and went mainstream.:rolleyes

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
A lot of copies of that Muppet Family Christmas disc went out actually containing Kenny Loggins: Outside From The Redwoods on the disc instead.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
I believe Muppet Family Christmas is available uncut in the UK for regionless folks. I have it, I just haven't watched it to confirm yet...

Andy_MT

Second Unit
i tried going region 2 for muppet treasure island (the old version). nice PQ, but oh dear, that sound. kermit just sounds so wrong sped up.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Words fail me. I hate this decision so much. When Love is gone is my favorite song in the whole movie, hands down, no questions. I wanted this in its OAR, and I sort of got it but the price I had to pay was way too high because the best thing in the whole movie is missing.

Disney, you Suck~!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks