What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Frighteners - Peter Jackson's Director's Cut (RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
A tiny question. I bought the R2 version for the DTS track (which is utterly tremendous!) and the fact it's not a DVD-18.

I noticed that the widescreen picture is about one inch below the centre of the screen. It was a bit off-putting at first but I got used to it.

Is the US version the same?

JR

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

You guys might want to verify that you have a non-defective disc that isn't going to spew pixels and lock up at the layer change before planning a big get-together around this DVD. The Frighteners is a great movie. It's not quite as good if you have to skip an entire chapter when watching it. :frowning:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Good point. I need to double check my disc again. I was having some skipping problems, but it might have just been bad settings on my HTPC, since it cleared up after changing some settings.

Jason

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It will have to be your copy, since I looked at mine last night, and it has problems with the layer change. I'm going to see if I can exchange mine.

Weekends are somewhat out for me right now, since I have too much going on, but I'm always up for something during the week.

Jason

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I loved this movie ... shame about the Made in Mexico POS-18 disc. How can you tell if it was made in Mexico without opening the box?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, my problem with DVD-18 is the 'paranoia' they create in me. Everytime I get a movie on a DVD-18, I make sure I watch the entire disc (the menus, the movie, the features, whatever) as soon as I can just in case I get a messed up one. I have a huge backlog of stuff that I haven't watched yet but a DVD-18 goes right to the top of the pile.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Looks like I am going to have to move to the Virginia area again! :)

- Steve

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, the CC where I bought it didn't have any more copies, so I'm going to have to rebuy it at some point.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks