What's new

HTF REVIEW: "The Fog" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Jerry C

Grip
Another fan here. My wife and I both love this film and watched it most recently a week ago on the Mystery Channel. We've been anxiously awaiting this on DVD for months and were thrilled when it was finally announced.

I pre-ordered "The Fog" several weeks ago when BestBuy.com had it available for $9.95 plus free shipping. Hard to beat that deal. Haven't checked to see if this is still available.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Throwing my name onto the "I love this movie" list. I actually started a Discussion Thread over in the Movies Forum.
I've been bugging my editors to hook me up if MGM sends a copy out, or I'll gladly drop the bucks on street date. I just must see this movie in Widescreen once and for all. (I've seen it on network and VHS about 8 times.) :frowning:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I really like Carpenter's score to this film, subtle, spare and creepy...just like The Fog.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I couldn't have said it better.
My only complaint is not including the Isolated Score, which I think is vastly underused as a supplement. The laserdisc version of The Fog included it so why not have it on the DVD release.
I remember seeing this as a kid. I vividly remember the night I saw this at the show with my older brother. There was a thick fog that night and let's just say I was a bit scared (I was 11). I made my cat sleep in my room thinking she would protect me. I awoke the following morning with the stench of cat urine and suddenly realized the cat had relieved herself on my pillow.
Looking forward to this release and reliving fond memories
:).

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the review Ron. It's living proof of the age old adage "To each their own". I guess I am a huge fan of the film because I have always found it to be one of the greats in the suspense horror genre.

August 27th will not come fast enough for me.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Sounds good! If we get this AND the new Escape from New York, this year, this year will rock Link Removed for all Carpenter fans.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Put me in the "I like it / want the DVD" category here! :)
Carpenter wisely devotes most of his time to creating mood, atmosphere and tension rather than blood spilling.
Thomas said that perfectly! The first-rate "Mood & Atmosphere" make this motion picture highly watchable.
And Miss Barbeau is certainly all-too-capable of increasing one's pulse with her seductive DJ'ing from that spooky lighthouse!
The scenes of that ominous fog rolling in toward the lonely lighthouse in the pitch darkness are very eerie indeed!
The female scenery is far from boring as well! :)
Let "The Fog" roll on in! I'll be waiting!
Link Removed
GREAT VALUE TO BOOT!

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I agree David regarding the female scenery. Just about all the woman in this movie are lets say bountiful :)
I really like the fact there are trailers on the disc as this movie had good ones. I can't wait!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This is rare for me, it's a horror film that i've always loved, but have never owned before, ever. Until now that is.
I also love the films atmosphere and mood, it's got both out the wazoo! I remember I used to have nightmares about 'Blake' and his crew of soggy zombies when I was a kid. They're just plain spooky lookin!
Thanks for the review Ron. :emoji_thumbsup:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Is it August 27th yet?

Is it August 27th yet?

Is it August 27th yet?

Is it August 27th yet?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
It's getting closer, Jon Z.; you can almost count the days on your toes now. :)
The Fog Is Coming!
The Fog Is Coming!
BTW....Another very nice review, Ron! (As per the norm. :) )
I desperately want to buy this DVD....but this damn fog is so thick.....I can't seem to find my way.....:)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Just thought that people should know that once again this has shipped well before its releasedate. So I will be watching this tonight with popcorn
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, you're killing me! Give us a review, if you can. I need THE FOG, I want THE FOG, I must have THE FOG!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
THE FOG has now officially possessed the mind & soul of Jordan E.!! :)
Just curious, Oscar ..... What e-tailer shipped you that disc a week ahead of time? (Lucky bum! :))

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
FYI, Posting the names of e-tailers that ship DVD's early is strictly forbidden here at the HTF for a number of reasons.
So I suggest enjoying The Fog DVD early Oscar and keeping your mouth mum and secret safe.;)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah! :D I was infected after watching THE FOG on the Mystery Channel in glorious :angry: full screen. Maybe I'll change my signature to "I need THE FOG, I want THE FOG, I must have THE FOG" until I get that disc into my player and all will be right for my world...until the next Must Have DVD comes along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks