What's new

HTF REVIEW: "The Country Bears" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

JarrodK

Grip
Ron --
I appreciate the review, too. A negative review like this is more useful than no review at all. I was planning to buy this for my kids as well, but we don't watch butchered DVDs.

Another lost sale, Disney. That makes 4 for me so far(2 Muppet movies, Honey I Shrunk the Kids and now Country Bears). I want to pay you for these films -- why won't you let me?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I appreciate the review, too. A negative review like this is more useful than no review at all
I really appreciate that. I thought I
was going to get a lot of flack from many of you
for wasting my time reviewing a full frame title.

I am happy that many of you are starting to realize
that a review like this is very important. I think
all of us have gotten a very important message out
to Disney, although my gut feeling is that policy
at that studio will not change.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I don't know if this title is big enough for an online petition to get tons of signatures, but maybe it's worth a shot?

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well the BBFC has just classified The Country Bears (which is going straight to video in the UK) as WIDESCREEN.[*]
If it is released I'm going to upgrade in an instant (I've already bought 2 copies of the soundtrack CD)
* Of course this doesn't mean anything - Muppet Christmas Carol was classified WIDESCREEN, but released as Full Frame as was Sleeping Beauty on it's original release (and we had to wait 10 months for the WIDESCREEN version)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks