What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Complete Thin Man Collection (VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
With the exception of the 1936 Lux Broadcast (which was a bit rough on the ears when I tried to listen to it) I have made it through all the films and special features. Not a bad minute in the bunch. The image quality on Tell Tale Heart was outstanding.

I know they said they won't, but I really wish Warners would consider a collection of shorts, Benchley and otherwise. There are only a handful of Benchleys available, but from what little I've seen in this and other box sets, this guy's stuff is hilarious and deserves to be collected.

Steve

MikeDE

Second Unit
Two copies of "Another Thin Man" were in the set I picked up at Best Buy, too. Since the sale price is now over, and there were no other sets in the area, they gave my money back. Might just use the $$ for the Astaire/Rogers set instead.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
MikeDE, that is too bad. Were the individual discs mislabeled, or did it just come up with the same movie when you played it?

MikeDE

Second Unit
Richard, after removing the plastic wrap from the box set, I realized there were two of the same movie....case and all. Double checked the dvd's inside, and they were the same. Someone must have had a hiccup or case of deja vu on the assembly line while stuffing the movies in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks