What's new

HTF REVIEW: The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete First Season (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Oh yeah?!!
Gee, that does su*k!

I have this DVD .......

....... which has the "Fishin' Hole" theme, but not the orig. whistler version. And, of course, the video doesn't exactly match the audio either...which I always hate. :frowning:

George, what song are they playing on those TAGS discs of yours? Ava Maria?? Or the "Barney's Bullet Blues"? :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It's just some tune that is kind of the same, but clearly different. They obviously wouldn't pay for even the rights to the song, much less the whistler, so made up their own song.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Glad to hear this series is finally getting a legit release done right.

Hopefully someone will follow suit with THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES and PETTICOAT JUNCTION, two other series with PD episodes on several labels, complete with replacement music where the original theme song openings should be, just like many of the Griffith PD DVDs.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I always pop in when there is a release
of one of my favorite old shows.

Without a doubt, one of the best in the
history of television.

"Well now take down your fishin pole,
and meet me at the fishin' hole...."
(whistle along if you like,
those are the "unheard" theme lyrics

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked this up at Wal-Mart (their regular price was around $33, but thanks to Price Match, I got it for $27.99), and the packaging is good. Futurama-like slipcases. I'll edit this post and update it with video, audio, and episode impressions. Finally, this classic show gets the season sets it deserves!

Update: The video quality is good, and there is a play all feature! Episodes have whole subplots I don't remember, and even the original CBS logo is intact. This is a quality set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks