What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Adventures of Indiana Jones (Highly Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I'm positive that Last Crusade is shot anamorphic as opposed to Super35. Having viewed and compared both the P&S and widescreen versions, I noticed alot of scenes that were cropped and butchered in the P&S version. Also, I read somewhere that Minority Report was the first time Speilberg shot a scope film in Super35 as opposed to anamorphic.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh no. Another one of these "I have pretty much every second of this movie memorized".
You know what? I now tend to believe it when people can honestly say that. Why? Well in the late 90's when I watched the SE versions of the SW trilogy in theaters, I surprised myself by picking out nearly every single change that happened - and no, I did not watch the OT on VHS right before the SE theatrical run. I picked all of these up on the first viewing and having now read all of the exhaustive lists of changes from the OT to SE, I realize I caught about 95%+ in real time while watching the SE for the first time onscreen.

Some people just love certain movies, and watch them over and over. I probably have watched the OT of Star Wars some 50 times each over the years. And I'm the kind of person who sits down and watches the movie, not leaves it running on the TV and then goes and does something else in the kitchen.

Now I didn't do this for any of the Indy movies, but if someone is a big enough fan to say that they've nearly memorized the movies, I can attest that it sure is possible.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
You know what? I now tend to believe it when people can honestly say that. Why? Well in the late 90's when I watched the SE versions of the SW trilogy in theaters, I surprised myself by picking out nearly every single change that happened - and no, I did not watch the OT on VHS right before the SE theatrical run. I picked all of these up on the first viewing and having now read all of the exhaustive lists of changes from the OT to SE, I realize I caught about 95%+ in real time while watching the SE for the first time onscreen.
That´s not a hard feat at all. The changes made in the SE´s were anything but discrete.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
"His name is DOCKTA JONES lady, you call hem DOCKTA JONES!"

This is by far my favorite movie of the the 3, maybe because I was a kid when I first saw it. But it is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. I've lived for the day to see these on dvd.

(I don't think I've ever seen ToD in OAR, and seen crusade in it's OAR once in the theater that was it, this will be a treat)

HankM

Second Unit
I should I have my copy tomorrow along with 28 Days Later. I can't wait to watch Raiders, that truck chase is one of my favorite scenes in movie history.

:D

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Anyone who pre-ordered the set from Amazon had their copy shipped yet? I normally order DVDs from Deep Discount, but went with Amazon for this one since they normally get pre-orders out the Wed. before so that you get it either on Monday or Tuesday (the price was also the same). So as you might have guessed, Amazon hasn't shipped my copy yet, nor do they list it as shipping soon. I'm just wondering if this because I didn't place my order till the 15th.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I've always thought that Spielberg's regret over the darkness in ToD has seemed very revisionist. His movies have always had dark and violent elements to them and lets not forgot his hand in movies he's produced (Poltergeist and Gremlins). I'm not sure if he really thought ToD was too dark or he just feels obligated to say it due to the backlash.

Personally, ToD has always been my favorite. I think Spielberg was at his absolute peak when it came to directing action on that one. I was 9 years old when it was released and have always found it to be very rousing and never dark and depressing.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Spielberg has a history of bastardizing his movies years later - so his thoughts of Temple of Doom do not surprise me.

I liked Temple of Doom and it being a darker film. Also, I thought there was more adventure in it than in Raiders (even though I liked Raiders even better).

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
DigitalBits posted news about a fifth disc to those who buy at a particular store (I think Best Buy) does anyone know for sure? I will definately be going out to one of those stores to get it then.

John KB

Second Unit
I've only briefly checked out my set, and the picture looks nicer than I expected it would on Raiders. i can't wait to check out the entire set.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Anyone who pre-ordered the set from Amazon had their copy shipped yet?
Errrm, me? Shipped yesterday. But I'm way out here and it'll probably arrive after official street date -- IIRC it takes about 8 days to get here. Another friend here also tells me his order shipped yesterday too (and his includes Battlestar Galactica as well).

Doug Fisher

Auditioning
Since this is a paramount release, and does have a french audio track do we in Canada have to worry about horrible bilingual packaging? LES ADVENTURES DE INDIANA JONES?

Please no!!!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Since this is a paramount release, and does have a french audio track do we in Canada have to worry about horrible bilingual packaging?
Which is why I bought from Amazon.com instead of my usual Canadian e-retailer TAU, despite the price and shipping costs. For an "absolute, must have, collectors' dream" type set like this, I wasn't taking any chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks