What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Tex Avery's Droopy: The Complete Theatrical Collection (1 Viewer)

PTaylor

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Taylor
Looks like someone will just have to find the original film with the red opening card to make sure the re-issue was not changed in some fashion. What did they do with the scene, which used to play in the 1960 and 1970's on TV during MGM cartoon broadcasts?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Paul,
I think people are asserting that the missing scene in question never actually existed. I have not seen it personally, but that is no proof one way or the other. :)

Regards,

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
It doesn't exist. Let's put this lame B.S. to rest. I'm sure the troll who started it had a good laugh, but let's move on.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
chas,

"The troll who started this thread" was our reviewer Ken McAlinden. :)
He's certainly no troll, and we won't lay this thread at rest.

The topic of the non-existing scene, however, has been fully cleared up, I suppose, and can be closed indeed.

Cees

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
In the interest of full disclosure, I have friends in Michigan's upper peninsula who call me a troll since I live below the Mackinac Bridge. :)

Regards,

PTaylor

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Taylor
I also saw the original theatrical version of Droopys Good Deed in Providence RI in the 80's on an NBC affiliate station. The opening of the cartoon showed the RED Leo title card and the body of this print was different than other copies. The negro women was shown with red dress and all leaving the burning cabin in spikes arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks