DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Stuck On You" (with screenshots)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_Reiter, Apr 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

[​IMG]

Stuck On You

2. Raymond_H

Raymond_H Stunt Coordinator

Excellent Review.

Will be renting, noramlly it would be a buy but there is so much coming out within the next few months that are more must-haves.

Ray

3. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

Understood! If I didn't allready have my copy, It would have to go further down on my list.

The DVD is not nessisarily a MUST HAVE for me, but definitly a HAVE! [​IMG]

4. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I saw this in the theater and was disappointed. I think the Farrelly's lost whatever they had, there movies have been on a downward slide since they peaked with ...Mary. The humor is being too watered down to try for a wider audience. Basically I think they've lost their edge and are trying to play an audience that is too wide.
    Not to say this is a terrible movie, there are worse, but I think I'll pass on this one.

5. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Second Unit

I agree Chris - they are definately trying to appeal to more than the 18-24 male audience. I actually thought this was a very sweet film. In the overall scheme of things, I can now compare it to Jersey Girl - where filmmakers attempt to do something a littler different than what they're known for, while still remaining true to themselves. I applaud that kind of growth. I don't think I'll be buying this one, but I did enjoy it. If you have a brother, I think you'll appreciate the love shown at the end.

6. Al Stuart

Al Stuart Stunt Coordinator

7. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Nice review. Looks like it would definitely be worth at least a rent. Now if only I can get through my stack of all the DVDs that I own but still haven't watched!

-dave [​IMG]

8. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

Nice review... will definitely rent this one. Few comedies make the must buy rack, and this isn't one of them (to me)

[​IMG]

9. WillG

WillG Producer

Filmed anamorphically no less. Seems strange for the Farrelly's. It looks like this film is going to an absolute pan and scan disaster in the full screen version. (and no one has to point out the obvious response that any film in Pan and Scan is a disaster)

10. ClaytonMG

ClaytonMG Stunt Coordinator

They did do Kingpin in 2.35. Anyway, I can't wait to see this film, I missed it in theaters. I hope it's good. Adam do you know if the trailers for The Day After Tomorrow and Man On Fire are the full trailers or are they the same as on Master and Commander?

11. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Not the first time Fox has screwed up in detailing aspect ratios on its packaging. Cast Away was listed as 2.35:1 on the back, while it's really 1.85:1. Someone needs to slap the fact-checkers upside the head.