What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Strangers On A Train - Two Disc Special Edition (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, oh man...
biggrin.gif

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
quote:Robert, you're kidding right...?

Uh...yeah...I was, uh...kidding.
blush.gif

I must confess I only skimmed the review. I already knew what the supplemental content was, but I was just going over it quickly to see if there were new transfers. I must have missed that blurb.

Thanks!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Good review Herb.

I was on the fence re the set. I only really wanted 3 of the films (SOAT, DMFM, FC), but to get the other 6 (have NxNW, so only 5 new for me), it costs like $15 extra...pretty dumb not to get the set if you want at least 3 of these...

I must admit I'm slightly disappointed that NxNW is not getting a redo, but IMO it already looks pretty good, if not exactly totally correct according to those in the know.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I would love some comparison screenshots with the original, if anyone can make them available. I have the old release, and wasn't going to pick this up (it's not one of my favorites of Hitch's, though I still like it). This review is making me think twice though.

It's so cruel of them to release so many great movies on one day. Well, cruel in a good way.
biggrin.gif

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Excellent review Herb.

From this set, STRANGERS, the American version, is my favorite followed closely by NORTH. I haven't seen the others in around ten years so I'm really looking forward to this set.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
quote:Sorry, I should have been more clear on that and I will change the wording. The Preview version (aka the British version) is indeed included and is located on disc two.

Did WB forget about branching?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I popped this in the old player earlier this week and I must say this disc is everything Herb said and more.

The restoration job is first rate. I listened to first half the commentary and it was a bit dry in places but quite good in others. Depends on the speaker.

The special features really shine. I thoroughly enjoyed the "Hitchcocks on Hitchcock" featurette with the granddaughters. Very entertaining and very touching in spots. The making of was also quite good.

Steve

Rob T

Screenwriter
This was a blind buy for me. The CSI episode based on it kinda made me want to get it.
biggrin.gif

I hope to have time to watch it soon.
smile.gif

Seth--L

Screenwriter
quote:Perfect – absolutely perfect. If you’re not impressed by this transfer, then there is simply no pleasing you. And just so there’s no confusion, I compared this to the previous release and there is a day & night difference, a comparison that took me all of about 6½ seconds to make – it’s that noticeable.

Totally agree. It's totally worth double dipping just for the new transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks