What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Star Trek: Generations - Special Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
i think it's time to bring the current s.e. of star trek 7 in comparison to the old region1 non-anamorph and the r2/4 anamorph. i could provide the screenshots fromt he region2 dvd. if someone else who has the old r1 and/or the new s.e. r1 and likes to join we could see how bad this new dvd really is. maybe gary tooze will post this then on his website :emoji_thumbsup:

as for the recall:

a new and improved transfer would be very cool

trailers go on the disc would be very cool too bceause i want them. if paramount doesn't want to do a reauthering for menu because of the trailers then they should atleast put those trailers on mini-dvd.

only a cover specs fix doesn't cut it

c'mon folks at parmount, we know you care for your customer :) don't proove us wrong :angry:

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm a little late in on this but I'm quite puzzled as to why Paramount haven't reinstated the full LaForge interrogation scene which would, after all, make sense of the line 'His heart wasn't in it'.

Not even in the deleted scenes. Very strange.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My retailer shipped my Copy of Generations today. Guess they did'nt get the memo

I Wonder if I should keep it?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

EE looks worse the bigger you blow up the picture. But moire effects are generally the reverse, looking worse and more pronounced the smaller the image is. Scan a photo in from a magazine and play with the size with photo-editing sofware, and you'll see what I mean.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Recalling it for printing errors over....a trailer? Wow, that's lame.

I was really looking forward to picking this up on Tuesday. Maybe my local Best Buy will still sell it, not knowing about any recall.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was looking forward to this release, now I'm pretty much disgusted with the whole thing. To recall a product to correct the packaging is insane. I guess I'll have to wait until HD-DVD until they correct what's in the package.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
It just depresses me how poorly this all was handled. Normally a recall on a disc with a known image problem would cheer me up to no end, but when I know that it will fix absolutely nothing worthwhile and is a waste of time for everybody, including the consumer, well, I look for something else to spend my money on, something that a studio didn't do a half-assed job on.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I can't believe that they delayed this for a friggin' packaging error. Something else has got to be fixed... it just doesn't seem worth it.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Oh don't worry, this kinda mastering error will happen just as frequently on HD-DVD I'm absolutely sure.

John

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Just got this today from digitaleyes. Two words...MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT. Oh man its almost worst than watching a non-anamorphic dvd. I really never notice EE on my 27" Wega but my god does this transfer look awful. The starfields in the beging of the flick look like there gone burst into epileptic seizure right before the wine bottle hits the enterprise. And the actors eyes have this awful look when the light is shining in them...it's obnoxious cause the DTS sounds really good. Seems stupid that they woul recall this disc and not fix the video problems.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I'd post them but I don't know how to take them on my computer....I'm watching it again and the EE on their eyes is sooo annoying and on the sailboat too.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Find them? If you don't have a web space and can capture them, send them to my email and I will post them.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Sorry sam I was in la la land when i wrote that. What I meant to say is I don't know how to take them.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Normally, I don't mind some minor transfer issues, since I usually can't notice them on my 27" Sony. But it sounds like things are quite noticable on this transfer.

This is a shame. I was going to upgrade for this one....$12.99 at CC. But my non-anamorphic copy actually looks pretty good to me on the 27" Sony. Oh well. Until I hear and/or see more, I stay with what I have.....

Bummer:angry:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just received my copy.

Going to keep it sealed and hope Paramount is
going to offer an exchange program.

If the transfer is as bad as you all say, perhaps
Paramount should just do a new transfer if they
are recalling the set in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks