What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: Shaun of the Dead (Very Highly Recommended)! (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Ron, If you wanna get rid of your copy, and have paypal, I can take it off your hands for a reasonable price! I loved Shaun of The Dead.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I have to admite there was a lot of hype attached to this movie, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have purchased it right away had it not been a gift (it was a blind buy). I think the funniest moment in the film is when Mary the Zombie Cashier is extricating herself from the pipe and Ed starts winding the camera to take another picture and Shaun stops him.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oh shit, what a movie!!! :eek: I just finished watching it and loved every damn second of it! I'm so glad that it wasn't treated as a straight up comedy, it was down right frightening at times!

The charactor of Shaun is a hero for the ages, a genuin everyman who see's what's happening, accepts it and then steps up to the plate to kick major zombie ass! :) I even liked his friend, Ed, sure he's a fat, lazy turd but even he got into the fray to help and wasn't half bad in a pinch.

After the remake of Dawn of the Dead, I complained that slow moving zombies weren't scary anymore, but the ones featured here are about as scary as slow one's can get! The siege of the Winchester pub is a nightmarish sequence which features the best God dammned dis-embowelment since Captain Rhodes in Day of the Dead!
I had to scan back just to make sure I really saw what I just saw!

Now, i'm off to check out the extra's.

Shaun of the Dead delivers, big time! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Yes, quite late to the party but I finally saw this film. Quite funny and my kids liked it too. I'm sure we will watch it again.

Would agree with Ron, felt they ran out of ideas in the last third of the film but the first two section were enough for me to give this film a big thumbs up. I guess the scriptwriter really really wanted them to settle into the Winchester but I think that was a bad decision as it limited the story, seemed dumb (even for them) and left few surprises for the audience (i.e. flipped the switch back to conventional 'we're hunkered down' storyline we've all seen too many times).

Where I think the film was in its glory was things like the visit to the convenience store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks