What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: S.W.A.T.: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
There isn't much talk anymore these days regarding a title that is released by CTS/Sony pictures and it's potential Superbit release.

Anyone going to wait to buy this title only if it is released under it's Superbit banner?

Have a Good One!

Troy

Michael Arthur

Auditioning
I picked up the SWAT DVD on 12/26. One of the smaller stores had it on display.

IMHO the PQ was very good. The SQ was even better. very active surround usage during the gunfights.

Mike

Christopher D

Second Unit
This has already been mentioned in the review, but I find it really bizarre that this disc has trailers for six *other* titles on it, and not *this* title.

What other discs have the SWAT Trailer on it? Doesn't Tears of the Sun?

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
Well the only full trailer this has on it is Big Fish. But Tears of the Sun has the SWAT teaser and Bad Boys II has what seems like the full trailer. But it's pretty short for some reason.

Anyway, I am dissapointed with the audio for this movie. The Big Fish trailer sounded better than the film itself. I saw this movie in theaters and it was in DTS. The gun shots were crisp and powerful. They sounded very realistic. But now on this DVD the shots are muffled and sound like your average gun shot in a film. Also, a lot of the music sounds muffled.

Clayton

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I'm not sure if Bad Boys II does. I think it's a shorter version of the full trailer.

Clayton

Brett C

Second Unit
I'm sure it is the full trailer,its identical to the Quicktime version found on Apples site.As for the ones featured on SWAT,with the exception of the Big Fish trailer and the tv cops spot, all the others are tv spots.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
ClaytonMG,

I will listen out today for the audio on this one. I will be renting it. So far I've heard that the audio had been top notch in all the dvd reviews I've seen online.
I know it varies from system to system.
This one would make a great candidate for the superbit.
Hopefully we'll see this one next year as a superbit.

Later!
Troy;)

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
I read Michael's review of S.W.A.T. It's very apparent to me that he was not enthusiastic about the film. He also stated his reasons why. He then went into the technical aspects of the DVD (picture, sound, supps, etc...)I felt that he covered all the bases. He did not have to state THIS IS A BAD MOVIE for me to 'get it' that he didn't like it. I watched SWAT last night for the first time and I agree with Michael's review, and man! were those nightime scenes ever dark! The makers of the film should have supplied night vision goggles with every DVD purchased or rented.

-Mike

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Thanks Mike, I'm glad you were able to catch my feelings in the review about the film. The more films I review, the more critical I'll get - that's just the way it'll be. There is no doubt that I've changed the way I write about the films since my very first review and I intend to keep accurate to what I believe.

And yes, this film is dark...actually, I'm finding a lot of new release films looking darker than I'd expect. I regularly check my black level and all seems normal on my end...

BTW: I like your movie collectables in your link...very cool...

Regards,
Michael Osadciw

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks