What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Pulp Fiction" Collector's Edition (Highly Recommended)(with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Yeah I too have noticed some crackling in dialog. On the flip side, I am very impressed with the transfer. Much better than the original release. Looks great on my 27 inch Wega!

Brandon Smith

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, the DVD has English subtitles.
I always watch films with the subtitles on.
If there is ever a presentation that does not
include subtitles you will hear about it! :)
For the convenience of the membership that has
requested such, all future reviews are going to
specifically list the subtitle options.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Great review Ron. :emoji_thumbsup:
"You know I didn't see no sign in your front yard"
That is the greatest exchange in the film. I won't quote the whole exchange though, since the n-bomb is dropped quite frequently and I refuse to offend any member here. :)
-Dean-

Johnny V

Agent
*does cartwheels*
My favorite movie of all-time, I saw it 5 times during its theatrical run:)
Great review and thanks for the shots of the packaging.

Jim Golden

Stunt Coordinator
Just got word that mine shipped today. Of course I had it shipped via the cheapest available method.

I can hardly wait!

Jim

HenrikTull

Second Unit
I ordered mine just now from DVDSoon. I seriously doubt Pulp Fiction will have a bilingual cover since it's being distributed by Alliance.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
The Canadian version of Fellowship of the Ring was distributed by Alliance, and it had horrible, ghastly, Cthulhu-defying bilingual cover art. :frowning:

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Ron.
Just one small detail I forgot to mention. Since i live in Europe, i can't access Closed Captions. From what i could gather, Pulp Fiction doesn't have English subtitles but Open Captions.
But if you say it's got English subtitles, then i'm wrong and it's great.
Thanks Ron. :emoji_thumbsup:

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding the bi-lingual artwork, i'm not 100% sure, but i think that the only difference is a small Alliance logo on the lower left side of the cover. I don't think there's any spine bi-lingual nonsense. Although i haven't seen the case itself, only the outer packaging.

Maybe someone who already has it can give out more details.

Cheers.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Amélie nor Pearl Harbor: VISTA had bilingual cover art. Maybe the bilingual artwork is exclusive to New Line titles?

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I just pre-ordered my fourth copy of Pulp Fiction (bootleg VHS, original WS VHS, original DVD, current DVD). Can't wait til it and Jackie Brown come!

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I'm on my fourth copy as well!
* Japanese import laserdisc (months before it was available on video in the states)
* Miramax laserdisc
* Criterion Collection laserdisc (had to have the Dolby Digital, but eegads that thing had a lot of side-breaks!) :eek:
* New 2-disc DVD.
I heald off getting any DVDs until they got it right since the Criterion Collection disc set me back so much!
-Lyle J.P.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
This review almost brought tears to my eyes! Finally, one of my favorite movies of all time has finally been done right! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim RH

Second Unit
Apparently Canadians won't get the Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown CE DVDs until September 3rd, according to A&B Sound and FutureShop. Dammit, Alliance Atlantis sucks!!! :angry:

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Apparently Canadians won't get the Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown CE DVDs until September 3rd, according to A&B Sound and FutureShop. Dammit, Alliance Atlantis sucks!!!
All because of the stupid French track and a possible bilingual cover.

Screw this, I'm ordering from Amazon.com

Does anyone know if Amazon.com still bypasses Canadian customs, or have they changed things around since opening the Amazon.ca site?

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I preordered PF, JB and RD from Amazon.ca. For a little more they have the import (US) versions as well as the Alliance. You can guess which ones I ordered. :) Plus you get free shipping if your order is more than $75 and no having to deal with customs.
Jeff

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

How can you tell which one is the US import and which is the Alliance version on Amazon.ca

They both have a August 20th release date.

Plus I've been hearing bad things about preording from Amazon.ca... not sure if I want to waste time with them.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
September 3rd?!:angry: This is definitely no good. And I was just starting to respect Alliance after I was able to pickup the Criterion version of Traffic for a relatively cheap price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks