What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Popeye" (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ok guys just a heads up on popeye, i spotted the dvd yesterday at a certain store , that i cant say do to forum rules , but youll figure out who it is from this, they charged a few dollars more than the retail ! Needless to say i passed at my chance since on tuesday ill probably be able to get it for 15.00 at a different store.;)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I got my copy from Canada a few days ago (no bilingual cover because there's no French track), and the reviews are spot on. The film looks beautiful and, not surprisingly, the OAR was a real eye-opener.

Chris

Gary Reber

Grip
The www.in70mm.com page also does not list Popeye as a 70mm blow-up.
That's because the in70mm.com list is, excepting a few revisions, the same as the list that appeared in Widescreen Review's Guide.

-Michael Coate (Using Gary Reber's account due to a technical problem beyond my control)
Widescreen Review Magazine
Co-author of the "Presented in 70mm" article/film list and "70mm Blow-up" list being discussed in this thread

Robert Holloway

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting review - many thank yous

A couple of comments:

1) Can you dial up your views about the sound quality and use of bass, separation, etc.

2) I was born in 1958 and this film was definitely in the 'hat were they thinking" group after we'd all seen it. I will not even rent on Netflix.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks