What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Pearl Harbor" The Director's Cut (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Kami

Screenwriter
Wow, what a package. The only DVD that will surpass it is the LOTR box set in November.

Too bad I disliked the movie so much. I can see how this would be exciting for someone who loved the film...it's one helluva DVD treatment.

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone noticed that the Japanese subtitles are bigger, I complained about how small the first release was, as did others, and when I viewed it today, they were twice as big, score one for us.

Derek Duncan

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Derek,
I also noticed this, bigger subs were way easier on the eyes. :emoji_thumbsup:
So far I watched the Bootcamp segment, some of the production diaries and listened to the Affleck/Hartnett/Bruckheimer/Baldwin commentary. All of the extras I have watched and listend to are all top notch. The Affleck commentary is great. He does a great Alec Baldwin impression. :)
-Dean-

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Has anyone noticed that the Japanese subtitles are bigger, I complained about how small the first release was, as did others, and when I viewed it today, they were twice as big, score one for us.
Are they still correctly placed within the film frame?

Dan

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Just got my hands on this set and i must agree with ron. The packaging is the most original of any DVD to date. Cant wait to watch the directors cut

capt

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just received this set and I must say... wow! This DVD has the best packaging I have EVER seen (abiet, the discs are kept in a cardboard sleeve, which kind of bothers me). If the extras are as good as the packaging (along with the Affleck commentary)... this could be the best DVD set ever made :D And I just love the heavy feel, reminds me of an LD set. I will post more after I have watched it :)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I just picked up my copy from Sams for under $26. I haven't even popped in any of the disks yet, but WOW. That's a lotta stuff you get for only 30 bucks. Gonna fire up the DTS later today and run through the attack...

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your VERY thorough review of this new Directors Cut of Pearl Harbour, Ron. I've never seen the movie. I'm afraid I let the many negative reviews of this film keep me from purchasing or even renting the movie. I've gotta admit that this new version with the INCREDIBLE packaging and exhaustive extras is going to result in a purchase this time around and I've got you to thank (or blame) for swaying me into buying. Keep up the great work!

-Mike

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I just got this at *-****. It seems that many re-releases are being distributed early by most retailers. I remember the same thing for The Rock: CC and The Crow: Collector's Series. Oh Well.....

I've got one thing to say about this DVD release:

When did we get back to the Laserdisc Collector's Edition Box Set days???????

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LIKE these printed materials, and would hope to see more flicks do this.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just opened mine and this is to repeat great packaging. very reminiscent of old laser packaging.

i also like that we only need to photocopy the receipt from the vista and the proof of purchase from the original to get the $10 rebate.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I just got my copy, and I wanted to mirror the comments almost everyone is making here. Let me say this, I am NOT typically a fan of supplements. I frequently pass up SE reissues of movies I already have, unless its something really special, or an A/V upgrade, however, this set is worth owning. Even if you didnt like the movie, but could stand to see an hour long action/CGI fest with 2 discs worth of supplements and quality packaging, you should get this set.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Got mine today too. You might never say this about a DVD, but there really is too much stuff here. It boggles the mind. If this movie would ever receive an Academy Award, it would be for Best DVD.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
i've lovin' this so far, but i'm not a big fan of the cardboard packaging for the dvds...i would've prefered the standard dvd/cd packaging...easier to get out and not have to worry about touching the information side of the disc. i've watched the gag reel and part of the affleck/hartnett commentary (only the second commentary i've ever listened to), and so far, it's been great! the gag reel is absolutely hilarious! if u don't know where it is, it's on the second disc...select the faith hill music video, and click right until u see a star, select that and you're on your way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks