What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Panic Room - Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
This is the same folding disc holder as in the Japanese release of the Alien Quadrilogy. My apologies about the chapter stops. I typed that from work, so I was just going on memory (obviously that didn't work!).

Mike

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator

I noticed that too and immediately wondered if there was a consumer-level source for those pieces. You can't quite fit nine Thinpaks into the Alien Quadrilogy slipcase, so I'm thinking of trying to recreate the JDM book-style package.

Ricard Casselha

Stunt Coordinator
Could anyone post an exploded pack-shot of the set? I've ordered the dvd, but haven't recieved it yet, and I'm really curious. Thank you.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Don't access to post a pic, but I will say that I really like the book style case. Dune and Babylon 5 had similar packaging. MUCH better than the fold out hubs.

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator
I just want to say thank you to David Prior, David Fincher, and everyone who contributed to this incredible DVD. While I have to admit that Panic Room is not my favorite Fincher film, I still admired the look and style of it. He took what could have easily been a TBS made-for-TV concept and filled it with so much innovation, that it was elevated to something more. After watching this DVD, I have even more respect for what FIncher and his crew were trying to accomplish. I have a feeling that he may have chosen to follow up his cult classic Fight Club with what my be considered a more mundane story simply to play around with some ideas and techniques he wanted to try out.
The DVD is so packed with information, it's almost embarrassing! This is not for the casual film fan, or even someone who likes PR, but doesn't care much for extras. This is made quite obvious by the number of people complaining about the lack of a DTS option. If this is the only thing keeping you from owning this set, then you probably wouldn't appreciate it anyway. While the movie looks and sounds amazing (with an exclusive 5.1 mix to boot!), the film seems almost an afterthought when compared to all the production material spread out over the 3 discs. I have never seen so much material dedicated to the making of one film in one set before. Even the Lord of the Rings EEs don't dedicate as much attention to the nuts-and-bolts of how they do it when compared to this.

Once again, thank you for putting out a fluff-free set for the real film fanatics out there.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I have one minor quibble with this otherwise excellent release!

In the "Main Titles" segment of the effects sequences documentaries there is mention (in the on-screen text) of the 'stills galleries' on 'this disc'(number 3). These galleries should contain the full pitches for the titles etc but the galleries are nowhere to be found on any of the discs!

What happened to them? and should they be there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks