What's new

HTF REVIEW: Heroes - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Excellent review, Matt! This is one DVD I'm looking forward to. I'm still awaiting my review copy for review on my blog site and haven't gotten it yet - ugh! Talk about slower than molasses...

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I rented the first disc and I watched the first two episodes and I wanted to confirm the fact that only the first two episodes (and the original pilot) were on disc 1.

Thanks

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Very good review Matt.

I picked this up blind yesterday after all of the good stuff that I have read about it, and I am already 9 episodes into the season, and enjoying it more with each episode.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Thanks. And as I said in the review, this is a show that you will enjoy even more revisiting later. The first time through there are so many names mentioned in passing that mean little or nothing at the time and that come to mean a great deal later in the season once we meet the actual characters. Also, once you're thoroughly familiar with the characters and what they can do (not always obvious when they first appear), seeing them appear when you watch the shows again makes following their stories so much easier.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just finished a marathon watching of season one, and I have to say that although the show was good, the edge enhancement is extreme to the point of it being distracting.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'm in decompression mode right now after finishing a marathon with this set. First time I've seen the show.
No EE that I could see on the HD DVD version- The presentation on that format was stellar.

Usually I couldn't care less about 'deluxe' packaging, but in this case I'm a little jealous. Those Tim Sale repros look great. the perfect, packaged extra.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I've only watched the first two discs thus far as I take my time on re-watching the first season of ``Heroes''...just absolutely had to :laugh: out loud seeing some scenes again, and of course, again seeing Hiro's unbridled joy at being a hero. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought I'd chime in here. I'm almost done with Season One and this is the first time for me to see the series. So I've skipped reading earlier comments.

I just saw the episode called Parasite. This is really hard to not watch more then one show at one sitting! It's a really well done show so far. Enjoy the Star Trek references of course.

I am posting here because I was amazed at one scene in Parasite when Mr. Linderman is revealed and he's filmed in one shot where it's a close-up and he's lit from the left and the right side. What I am so amazed by is that for a standard def DVD that I am watching with a non progressive scan player on a 1080i capable display, it sure looks incredible. That scene I mention above of Mr. Linderman, you can see every nook and cranny and line and wrinkle on his face. I have not seen a high definition DVD yet, but it must be really amazing. A few more months and I'll be there with the HD guys!

Well, almost done now with Season One. I don't know how this season ends, with all the surprises and turns and then this one at the end of Parasite, I hope it's not true! I wonder how they can possibly keep this show at this level in Season 2

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From the little bit we've seen so far, season two looks better. :emoji_thumbsup: Glad you're almost done, because it starts this Monday.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Yeah, saw that teaser clip on the Internet for S2. Finished the ``Heroes'' S1 DVD set on Tuesday. What a great show! Certainly re-emphasized for me why I loved the show so much last year. Can't wait for the new season to begin Monday! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks