What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Part 4 was meant to be dark, watered down and a bit grainy but in the original release, the shower scene was grainy but it also contained WAY too much dirt (not grain). On the new transfer, some of the dirt has been removed. As for part 1, I commented on that issue in the review and how it compared to the first release and the Warner release.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
The only thing I can complain about the set is the lack of the advertised "Scary Trailers" featurette and the complete lack of original artwork. Not even the classic Friday font was used. Oh and the total spoiler picture for Friday 13th Part 1 cover.

All in all I am enjoying the set.

-Ian

Hey everybody, look I don't know how appropriate a question this is for this thread, I don't mean to be off-topic of Michael's review, but since the other thread is dead, I didn't know where esle to post. So my question is, does anyone know who has the best price for the set? A family member is considering getting me the set as a christmas gift but she does not want to mail-order it or or purchase it online.

Where I live we have Borders, Target, Wal-Mart, MediaPlay, Sam Goody,Blockbuster, Sam's Wholesale,K-Mart, and Best Buy. Of these chains, which one, if any, is putting the set on sale at a reduced price? I am still going to take the time to call all of them, but I thought perhaps someone here might have a heads-up on this for me.

If not,what's the cheapest or best value online (not ebay or any auctions)?

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I just have one basic question. Are the versions of the movies on this set the way they were originally shown in the theaters? I know part 1 is, are the others? Ok two questions. What about the music? Is all the original music intact?

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks