What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Freddy vs Jason (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
They already have this in Japanese wrestling. I forget which promotion (IWA?) They got Leatherface (when he comes out, he's weilding a chainsaw), a Freddy Kreuger guy, and a Jason guy.
Western Canadian fans may remember the late, great Stampede Wrestling and the imortal "Jason The Terrible" character that had a feud going with a rather young Owen Hart about 15 years ago! This calminated in an amazing Steel Cage match at the Edmonton Agricom, with The Hart foundation (Bruce, Owen, and Keith Hart, and some one whos name escapes me.) against Jason, The Cuban Assasin, Jerry Morrow and I want to say the Great Gamma Sieng (a fantastic East indian wrestler who headed up the Karachi Vice!)

Sorry to go off topic, but all this talk about Jason, Freddy and wrestling has me thinking back to my youth.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
My disc 2 will not work in either of my players, a newer Marantz and an older Pioneer DVD/LD combo, but it will work in my POwerBooks DVD drive...anyone else having probs w/ disc 2?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Update:

Seriously, to all Canadian / US residents:

I'll sell this DVD for $30 CANADIAN - FLAT. Reg. Air Mail Shipping Included.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll sell this DVD for $30 CANADIAN - FLAT. Reg. Air Mail Shipping Included.
I've found this in local stores for as low as $23CDN, and plan on picking it up used for $12CDN.

You might have to lower your price if you want to sell it to Canadians.

Maybe you should watch it again with lower expectations, it's such goofy fun your bound to enjoy it (or I've watched way too much direct to DVD/Video horror crap for so long, I've completly destroyed my judgment:D )

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
The parts when their in the back of the van look pretty blurry to me. Is it because of the blue lights in that scene?

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Now most of the bad quotes you took were from the deleted scenes of Freddy vs Jason while all the quotes from Jason X were in the movie. I'll admit the acting was bad in both movies but i'll watch F vs. J before i watch Jason X again.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I picked this up yesterday as a blind buy and as an introduction to both Freddy and Jason, and I really enjoyed it. Its not the greatest movie ever made, but I didn't expect it to be, I'm definitely not disappointed especially since I got it for less than 16 bucks brand new.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Why on earth start with this film as an "introduction"?
Well, believe me I didn't necessarily plan this to be the introduction to the Friday or Nightmare series, it just happened that way. I had heard about the movie before, and its not like I was totally unaware of who the characters were, so part of it for me was hype, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

But, it did work in that now I plan to go back to the original series for both Friday and Nightmare and check them out. This may sound like an odd saying, but every beginning has to start somewhere, and my interest in these types of movies just happened to start with Freddy Vs. Jason and not Nightmare 1, or Friday the 13th part 1.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Hey Casey, I'm just glad that FVJ sparked an interest in you to go back and check out the original films.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
This movie was awesome. Exactly what you want in a Monster Movie. The acting and story sucked, but the set up and execution of bringing Freddy and Jason together was great.

The ONLY thing I didn't like about the movie was the overuse of CGI gore. I looked REALLY FAKE and Cartoon like. Give us some actualy squirting blood.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Shawn,

The cartoon like gore was actually done on purpose, believe it or not... The director wanted it that way...

If they would have done the realistic approach to gore (For example, the way F13 4 did it), the movie probably never would have made it past the MPAA...

No movie in the Friday the 13th series ever made it past the MPAA without being ripped to shreads...

Most Elm Streets were also cut...

The only movie that mostly escaped intact was Jason X because once again they mostly used CGI as well...

The MPAA hates realistic gore, but for some reason allows CGI to pass... Probably because it doesnt look real...

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
I have decided to get the R2 though. The R2 (from the UK) has DTS, even though it is not listed on the cover. There is also no 4:3 version taking up space on the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks