What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Enter The Dragon (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
A quote I like is the little attempt at social commentary from Williams, as he looks at the poor families who live in shacks by the pier in Hong Kong:

Ghettos are the same all over the world. They stink.

And there's the message of the movie. :D

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
"Same old Williams."

;)

Btw Zen great screenshots. Could I trouble you for one in particular? :) When he grabs the nunchucks and strikes that fierce pose.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Loo: And who are they?

Dr.Klahn: Refuse, found in waterfront bars.

Loo: Shanghaied?

Dr.Klahn: Just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

Prisoner #1: Where are we?

Prisoner #2: I don't care!

Loo: And these?

Dr.Klahn: These are lost drunken men who don't know where they are, but do care! And these are men who know where they are and care, but don't drink.

Prisoner #3: I don't know who I am?

Prisoner #4: And I don't drink!

Dr.Klahn: Guards! [move prisoners] Do you care?

Prisoner #5: No.

Dr.Klahn: Put this man in cell #1, and give him a drink.

Guard: What do you drink?

Prisoner #5: I don't care.

couldn't resist... from Kentucky Fried Movie's 'Enter the Dragon' spoof 'A Fistful of Yen'. :D

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I still need to get that one, haven't seen it in years.

To me the funniest quote from Bruce is "WhayouknoabouHan". He doesn't say it as if they're separate words, he says it like it's one word(cantonese perhaps? :D).

Tom Oh

Second Unit
He sounds a liitle like Elmer Fudd when he says,

"Hello, Mr Buwaythwait"

I rewatched A Warrior's Jouney last night on this SE DVD. Damn, that's a great docu. Lost footages from the Game of Death is worth the price of the disc. God I love this film, and I love this DVD. I'll buy every new version that comes out.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The transfer looks great on the new version. And it's neat to see the old school red "Warner Communications" logo.

Williams: Mr Han, suddenly I wish to leave your island.

Han: It is not possible.

Williams: Bullshit, Mr. Han-man!

:D

Now if only Warners can get off their butts and release Black Belt Jones on DVD!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Sweet! Thanks, Zen. :)

Whenever that moment comes up in the movie I can't help but to stretch my arms out like that. :D

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Lee: Why doesn't somebody pull out a .45 and, bang, settle it?

Han: We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
Williams: Don't waste my time with it. When it comes, I won't even notice.
Han: Oh? How so?
Williams: I'll be too busy looking good.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Herb, what a wonderful experience last night. I turned on yet another generation to this action classic.
I too run electro-stat in my flat. Up under, I could detect a bit of hiss but not as evident as the last disc. I was surprised at how spacious this track was in comparison. Some of the inside dialog scenes seemed to open up compared to earlier "boxy" sounding audio tracks The surrounds weren't completely dead, and some ambient sounds could be detected.
My sub-woofer got to play around a bit too with one of the film's most underrated aspects, Lalo Schifrin's score. Bass, conga and timpani all rumbling the floor.

A very accurate review Herb. Nice

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I just finished screening the new release of Enter the Dragon. Wow! What a vast improvement over the 25th Anniversary disc! I did a short comparison of the two and it's absolutely no contest - the new transfer, from a much cleaner print, is really quite amazing. It features a very filmlike image with barely a hint of edge enhancement (only visible here and there), great color saturation, an EXCEPTIONAL level of fine detail across the frame, and much better shadow detail compared to the original DVD. Shadow detail still isn't the best, but I think this is due more to the way the film was shot and the film stock used than any fault of the transfer. The dirt, color smearing, EE, and compression noise of the 25th Anniversary disc are a thing of the past, plus the inclusion of the original black and red Warner intro is way cool.

This is the best the film has ever looked on home video, and what a great film it is. I can't think of a better way to spend a couple of hours on a rainy Wednesday morning than watching such an exceptional presentation of Enter the Dragon. THANK YOU WARNER!

Well, there *is* something a little more fun to indulge in on a gloomy day... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks