What's new

HTF RADIO FEEDBACK THREAD (Your input is well appreciated) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jeffrey Rosado has asked for us to post this thread with his new personal message and a request for feedback on his radio show which is updated weekly and can be heard here

Hello HTF Campers,

As you all know, I just entered the third year of my on-line radio show/podcast...and in the last two months, I've posted some of my best episodes today, particularly during the month of February which has always been fun due to the Academy Awards.

Now that Oscar fever has subsided for a while, we're going back to our regular format of home video previews/reviews. For a while, it has been my intention to get forum members more actively involved in our program whether it be feedback, e-mails and so on. It's my goal to make The DVD Marquee the best movie/home video podcast in terms of both quality and listenership.....and that's where you guys are gonna come in.

In addition to your feedback and listener posts/e-mails some of which I'll read on the show, I'd like to encourage all HTF members to subscribe to our podcast at I-Tunes or the podcast catcher of your choice. Although our program has been available via HTF Radio at your web site for a while, I'm looking to increase the number of subscribers to our podcast feed, which will not only be to my benefit, but yours as well thanks to the numerous mentions I give to the forum on my broadcast.

I'll be returning to this sticky post numerous times in the days/weeks ahead with more ideas and thoughts on how you can help support the Marquee, but I feel this is a good starting point. I cannot express my appreciation enough to both Ron and Parker for their tremendous support and encouragement to my project since it's conception in the fall of 2005...and I feel we've only just begun to scratch the possibilities and potential this show has to offer, not just to die hard home videophiles like those who grace this board, but to anyone who loves and appreciates movies as well...

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your thoughts...

All the best,

Jeffrey Rosado
Producer-Host,
The DVD Marquee
The DVD Marquee

Jeffrey

Stunt Coordinator
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Hey guys, this is your program too. Hit me back (figuratively, of course)...

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Okay I'll throw my 2 cents out there. I've listened to quite a few of the shows and have enjoyed them. But I do have a few suggestions.

First, the show, while HTF approved, doesn't tie back into the community. The show is typically your review of a film/disc that have sometimes already been covered by official HTF Reviewers. Instead might I suggest conducting interviews (via Skype or whatever) with the HTF Reviewers to get a better impression of their views. This should be especially true when we have exclusive insights like Gary Murrell's review of the new Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player which isn't available to the public yet. Or you can point out big discussion threads and let people know what's going on there. Let the forum drive some of the shows content and leverage that work that is already being done here to expand the show. The key point here is that the HTF community needs to feel we're apart of the show and not just listening to another HT podcast.

Second, the shows release schedule isn't consistent. Now I realize that doing a weekly show is exceptionally draining but maybe a once a month consistent show with sporadic "special shows" (like the Academy Awards) thrown in would help. Consistency is very important to keeping your audience keyed in and I feel that it is currently missing.

Third, consider having a co-host or a producer type person on the side helping out where needed. This somewhat ties into my second suggestion above. A second hand doing some of the setup interviews or finding posts of interest (this going back to the first point) would help alleviate some of the burden of doing the show solo.

Finally, please take all of the above as constructive criticism. Like I said at the beginning I do like the show and love that your open to publicly hearing our feedback.

Jeffrey

Stunt Coordinator
Bueller!!! Finally!!! (Jeff runs with arms outstretched) :)

Chris,

Thanks so much for responding; Ron just alerted me...Being a one man on-line radio band, I rarely have time to bond/board (heh-heh) with you guys here...

Thoughts on your thoughts:

Chris S said:
Okay I'll throw my 2 cents out there. I've listened to quite a few of the shows and have enjoyed them. But I do have a few suggestions.

Chris writes: First, the show, while HTF approved, doesn't tie back into the community. The show is typically your review of a film/disc that have sometimes already been covered by official HTF Reviewers. Instead might I suggest conducting interviews (via Skype or whatever) with the HTF Reviewers to get a better impression of their views.

Miles/months ahead of you with that suggestion. Unfortunately, differing schedules/time constraints and such prevent that from happening (at least for now)..Would love to do things like roundtables w/HTF reviewers/writers I respect..But since I'm a one man band, I have enough trouble keeping up with press releases/show scheduling/producing and beyond...

Chris writes: Second, the shows release schedule isn't consistent. Now I realize that doing a weekly show is exceptionally draining but maybe a once a month consistent show with sporadic "special shows" (like the Academy Awards) thrown in would help. Consistency is very important to keeping your audience keyed in and I feel that it is currently missing.

Mostly concur. Again, being solo is the culprit...But, I respectfully disagree with your thoughts on consistency. With the exception of this week, have not missed posting at least one program since I returned in late January...If anything, I'm too generous :)

Chris writes: Third, consider having a co-host or a producer type person on the side helping out where needed. This somewhat ties into my second suggestion above. A second hand doing some of the setup interviews or finding posts of interest (this going back to the first point) would help alleviate some of the burden of doing the show solo.

You're hired (laughs). Chris, you don't know how much I would welcome assistants, etc. Because I do it all, brother...It's something I constantly bitch about to my future on-line media partner...But it's my hope/goal/"I have a dream" that I'll have somewhat of a staff in time...

That being said, it's really cool to be independent (at least until sponsorship/advertisers come knocking)...

Sincere thanks for taking time to hit me back and keep spreading word about the program (especially subbing from I-Tunes). Great things in the works, I wanna tell ya...

Best,

Jeffrey
(Lord Of The Dance, er, Marquee)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Jeff - I do hereby volunteer my services (free of charge) to help support you in any capacity I can. If you can find things for someone in a different location to do for you, then let me know. I think your show is important, quality and fun and I would be willing to assist you. Let me know,
Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks