What's new

HTF Poll: How do you have your surround system configured? Vote and you could win a $50 Amazon gift (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by cafink

It might have been better written as:

What is your primary listening setup:

* I don't listen

* Headphones

* 7.1 (rear surrounds)

* 7.1 (wide surrounds)

* 7.1 (front height)

* 9.1 etc...

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
7.1 with 2 rear/back. It's kind of overkill in the room we have it in now, but both of our previous homes were custom built with much larger media rooms. You don't really get the full effect of the 7.1 unless there is good separation between the side and back in my humble opinion, but I have them, so I used them.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Same 5.1 system I've had for 12 years -- Yamaha receiver and Paradigm Titans all around (with matching center and a 12" Paradigm sub).

Someday I'll be able to justify upgrading, but that day is a ways off. . .

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think my Denon is capable of supporting up to 9.1, but I'm only using it for 5.1 at the moment.

I just cannot bring myself to string a bunch more wires, while it sounds pretty good as-is.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm using a standard 5.1 arrangement: 3 fronts, 2 rears and a sub. The receiver has the capability to add front height speakers and an extra center at the rear, but I've never seen any use for them considering the space that I'm in. It's all old gear: Yamaha RXV-1, Mirage M5Si for LF and LR, Mirage Centre and rears. The sub is a Mirage BP1200 (IIRC). So far, this system has met my needs, although I would like to get new front speakers as my Mirage M5Si speakers are getting a little long in the tooth. I've been looking at the B&W 600 and 800 series speakers but, unfortunately, I need to replace the tires on my car,so I'm out of luck on replacing my speakers.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Space is a pretty serious constraint.. as for the phantom centers, I think I'd prefer to do that, too, but I rarely watch 'alone,' and the phantom center only really Works in a fairly small area. Oh, it 'works' without it, but when it really Works, it's a whole different story.

With a decent pair of speakers, a good old Dolby Stereo recording can have a beautiful, full-space presence with just a stereo pair. (A great example to test this with is an Empire Strikes Back "Faces" or "Definitive Collection" laserdisc, the opening fanfare through to Han riding into Echo base, and walking through the control room. Haven't tried it with any of the DVD releases yet.)

Leo

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony DiPaola
5.1/6.1 sound system for me. But it's just for one of my DVD players only. I don't own a Blu-Ray player.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
I have a 5.1 system[Advent Baby II's in front,Boston Acoustic center,Yamaha YST SW60 sub and Boston Acoustic A40 Series II's in back].

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying the "phantom center" approach and I like what I hear so far. Took a little time to ensure the speakers were positioned as equally as possible but it's great and I don't really miss the center speaker as of yet.

walalo

Auditioning
Real Name
walalo
Clothing shop in Taiyuan urban center media reporter found everywhere noticeable Particular "20 dollars", Tory Burch is incredibly vibrant and fashionable

"two 50" message, searching can be packed with exclusive signs manufactured from whitened paperboard. Position when in front of a new shop having this Nike bumps affordable few Daogouyuan clothes yelling, "Come evaluate the item, as well as provide them! " The nearby mall gross sales are generally seasonal clothing, some sort of sling Floral dress in trend this season merely "30 dollars", Wear flat shoes are also allowed

many of us saw brightly shaded skirts on occasion prior to guests accumulated, a few users test not necessarily positive concerning the one on one dollars he will costume jam-packed to depart. Established a quarter on the price tag really should be merely 60 Yuan, in the event the bargain is usually lessen. Tory Burch Shoes accompany us every day
This off-season outfits to offer throughout Taiyuan Ma clothing sector, this standard discount lower jackets are developing this six flip. Islay by way of news reporter on the jacket, first price 637 Yuan, the fresh hit amount can be 447 RMB Yuan. Down your style of the particular brand are usually rather innovative, therefore like fashion girls placed the item down. Women like tory burch handbagshttp://barcampmilwaukee.com/session/women-tory-burch-handbags
Mi Jedi manager of a kids lower coat merchants which are innovative below, children take part in activities-of-season gross sales, this news reporter listed that your newborn down coat coating selling price 165 Yuan, there's no place pertaining to haggling. An increase in the level of lady shoes us

This bumps simply no products are increased charges, according browsing instruction conversing, this winter weather increase their particular charges should be. As a result, a clear degree, the price is extra positive.
Press reporter mentioned, of-season apparel gross sales are generally generally only one unique, the Acting amount disagreement, there's no solution to lower price revenue. How-season apparel finally them gains? Visited purchasing department stores observed in order to get into your off-season bangs vintage facilities mainly from the aging population. Coach bags are very popularhttp://www.zoosiab.com/profile_blog.php

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I have a Pioneer VSX-917V 7.1 system but only use a 5.1 set-up, no money and no room for the time being. Klipsch Synergy L-C-R speakers and woofer and M B Quart surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks