What's new

HTF HD DVD REVIEW: The Road Warrior (1 Viewer)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I just got the chance to look at this title tonight. The grain looks about right for a film of this vintage. Some shots appear to have been pushed in the lab and there for have more grain than others. The opticals have more grain but look about right. I'm not seeing anything that I would describe as "smeary".

Doug

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Mark Z,
What format release of MM: TRW has more fine detail than this release?
Or, are you saying the grainy trailer has more detail than the over processed (in your opinion) movie?

Anyone,
Is the trailer HD?
Thanks.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Mad Max distribution rights are held by MGM/Sony. Warner does however have the rights to Thunderdome.

Doug

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see an HD release of Weir's woefully underrated FEARLESS, one of the best films of the 1990s IMO. That wasn't even released on DVD in widescreen, for crying out loud, although I do have my letterboxed laserdisc to this day.

Vincent

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
HD support still sucks!!!

I went to 2 BBs and 2 CCs and couldnt find this title at any of them. Had to Amazon and 2 day ship it

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

The only dual feature DVD I could find had The Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome from Warner Home Video. The Mad Max (Special Edition) release is from MGM home video.

Doug

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Wouldn't Mad Max fall under Warner (pre 86 MGM), or was it a UA release.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

No it was actually an American International release before AI went belly up. Then it was picked up by Good Times Home Video.....Then Vestron....then MGM. Not sure at what point MGM picked it up.

Doug

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Wow does this disc look nice. I was on the fence about getting it and am glad I did.

As a matter of fact my brother came downstairs during the scene where Max meets Gyropilot, stopped and looked at it and said "This came out on HD? That looks awesome"

Looks really sweet! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks