What's new

HTF HD DVD REVIEW: The Polar Express (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Great review but I really enjoyed seeing this in IMAX 3-D. Too bad we cannot see this in 3-D on the DVD. Maybe Sensio will come out a 3-D version of this title? Course, you only need about $3,000 for the Sensio processor!

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
If they re-issue the IMAX 3-D version again this year, I'll just see that. I can't bring myself to watch it flat, even in HD. I can't see how the film would be half as good stripped of the stereoscopics.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
They were supposed to re-isssue it at the IMAX 3-D Theatre in Buckland Hills, Manchester, CT last year but, showed the Harry Potter film instead. Their next feature will be Happy Feet in November. Maybe Polar Express next?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Please stop hijacking this review thread immediately.
Thanks for understanding!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Great review. I bought this title on release day and was impressed with the added detail and color compared to the SD version.

This is a fun film to watch, even though it is a little creepy to me too.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Herb,

I agree totally with your assessment of the quality of the HD release. It is a wonder to behold. This makes it all the more difficult for me, as I found the film itself disturbing in a way I can not quite put my finger on. But my grand daughter loves this movie so I guess I will be watching it with her 10 or 20 times between now and Christmas.:)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I loved the movie. Looks terrific on this format. And it's the first time I watched a Christmas movie while still October.

John_F

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone see problems early on. When the boy is in the bed, I see artifacts on the wall: there isn't a smooth transition in colors. There only seems to be like three colors used when transitioning on the wall to the left of the bed (if your standing at the foot of the bed), which makes some big "bands".

Thanks,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks