What's new

HTF HD DVD REVIEW: The Adventures Of Robin Hood (VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator
Already in my library due to two factors:

1) One of my favorite movies and
2) Mr. RAH's glowing endorsement.

I completey agree with you review, the movie, it's presentation and the extra's are A++. My particular favorite special feature is te ability to watch the film as it may have been show in '38, starting off with a newsreel, a couple of carrtoons and then the movie!

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I absolutely agree that this is an amazing HD DVD, Herb. It(along with THE SEARCHERS and BATMAN BEGINS) already validates owning an HD DVD player. The movie looks like it was shot yesterday!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Glad to hear that, as those are the 1st three titles I ordered at Amazon to feed the XBox 360 HD-DVD drive I will be getting next month (and to qualify for Amazon's 10% off offer)!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I counld not agree more. This is one of those films that seems ageless, and WB should be commended for paying so much attention to the transfer.

If this (and The Searchers) is the quality we are in store for with the 'classic' releases, we are in for some very good times.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review.
As happy as I was with the SD DVD of this title, I thought the bonus feature on Technicolor alone was worth the price of the SE.
How great would it be to have those films (I know not all are complete) on HD disc!!! :-0
This is a triumph of technology, to bring back these treasures 'better than ever' for the home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks