What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: The Three Stooges Collection Volume Two: 1937-1939 (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I am incredibly impressed how good Vol. 2 (and 1) look and even sound. Wish all my 30s movies looked/sounded a fraction this good...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
We're up to Termites of 1938. And Violent is the Word for Curly is coming up soon. I an also really looking forward to seeing Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise and We Want Our Mummy.

I've been keeping an eye on the segments during the introductory music as well as the fade-outs at the conclusions of the shorts. Thus far, I believe they have been transferred in their entirety. If anyone knows any differently, please share.

I didn't realize how many shorts Bud Jamison (as well as a couple of other recurring actors and actresses) appeared in. It's really neat to see some of those familiar faces from my childhood again.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I don't want to buzzkill but if this sells 12,000 copies like Vol. 1, does it become unlikely we'll get a Vol. 3? The math makes it $240,000 of earnings, is that enough impetus to continue on? The restorations of these shorts must cost more than that. No?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Cant remember where I read this, but I beleive they needed to sell 10,000 copies of volume 1, so im guessing volume 3 is safe.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert

Studio preservation of assets like these is not a short-term goal or dependent on a single project ; these shorts will continue to generate revenue for Sony in various other markets & media including the eventual sale of the rights to a high-definition channel as more and more broadcasters make the transition from analog.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks