DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" w/scrnshts (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_Reiter, Nov 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

I agree. The effects may be dated, but a great flick nonetheless. At least the first time through T2 did have some intensity to it. T2 was more of an action film than the first and T3 took it to the next level, action with no real urgency.

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Second Unit

The First movie in an excellent triology is ALWAYS going to be the 'best'... while the second can be 'as good' or just 'different' OF COURSE THE FIRST MOVIE IS GOING TO BE THE BEST BECAUSE IT IS THE FRESHEST AND ORIGINAL. I always get amazed at the level of expectations of sequels.... Anyway I hope for a very good T4 and T5 something like Matrix 2 and Matrix 3... VERY similar scenario.... "Machines coming..." "John = Neo" You know....

3. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

T1 defintely had the best story of all the movies. However, the 2nd and 3rd ones were both way above a typical summer blockbuster type movie, and they were just a bunch of fun to watch!

4. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

5. Dan Kaplan

Dan Kaplan Stunt Coordinator

6. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Yeah, what about Empire Strikes Back?

7. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

8. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

I SAW the movie in a theater legally. Fork up the thousands (and however much more you need for the exhbition equipment) , and I'm sure somebody will buy a print for you to look at legally. The caps confirm human memories that unfortunately can't be posted or linked to since we're not cyborgs.

I like how you took out my smiley face in your quote too.

I don't know how the manner of the capture of the theatrical image would change the content of a super 35 film frame. Any official WB-sanctioned image could be doctored to add picture information too. I don't think that's what was done though. That would be a lot of work and would probably be shown with better quality since it would likely be made from DVD images.

If you want to make it easy for WB to sweep this under the rug, go ahead. It just makes it easier for them to get away with more zoomboxing in the future. Your PQ will be great, but you'll get MAR. You might as well just get FullFrame and watch it on a 4:3 TV if all you care about is a bigger picture.

Again, it amazes me how some people don't care when we're not talking about Back to The Future.

9. DustinLC

DustinLC Supporting Actor

10. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

OK, this is mostly OT but it looks like this thread could use some levity. While watching the Schwarzenegger inauguration, I could not get the red-tinted "Terminator Vision" and related sound effects out of my head, and imagined seeing the Chief Justice this way during the ceremony.

11. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

12. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

13. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

I contacted WB last week, thank you. I linked the appropriate email in the "T3 Interesting Observation thread." No word back yet.

Funny, I was going to say something to that effect in my previous post, but didn't want to get too sassy seeing as how I got slammed before.

Lewis, you are quite hilarious yourself, or is that "quiet hilarious"? Anwyay, as I said, I've already contacted WB. But, if only a few people say something, I doubt they'll look into it. I'll have to hope some power players get involved since I don't have the resources to convince everyone of the problem to their satisfaction. I think the obvious truth is out there, and even if all those theaters magically showed more picture than they should have, and the zoomed in DVD is correct, it's more likely WB will address the situation one way or another if more people like me speak up. If you didn't see it in the theater or can't remember what you saw, and don't trust pictures showing what was on the silver screen, that's fine, but I'd rather you played Scully and tried to prove me wrong than continuously knock what appears to be a strong theory.

14. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Bill Hunt over at the DigitalBits is usually pretty good at ferreting out the truth in these matters. Anyone ping them?

And Lewis, FWIW, in my experience, quotes don't seem to take the Smileys. Not sure why, but have noticed it myself.

BGL

15. DustinLC

DustinLC Supporting Actor

16. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

17. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Does any one own a R4 copy of T3 in DTS and what do you think of the transfer and sound? I am thinking of getting this movie on R4 in DTS.