What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" w/scrnshts (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Great review! I can't wait to own my 2nd favorite Terminator movie (T2 is my favorite action/sci-fi movie ever). I was very impressed with this movie and it has one of the best endings ever.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Glad you liked it Adam! I also thought this was an excellent installment in the franchise. I basically stopped thinking of it as a sequel and just another episode, a la James Bond. A really fun movie with its own flavor and style.
Only wish there had been more deleted scenes. This was one of the few movies I watched and thought "It wouldn't hurt at all to make this a little longer." The pace was absolutely breathless!

david*mt

Second Unit
Nice review! I enjoyed T3 and will probably pick it up. While not as good as T2 or the original, it was way better than some have suggested. By the way, do any of the overseas versions have DTS? I would love to hear how it compares the Region 1 DD.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
While I don't like this as the sequel to the great Terminator films, I do like this as a fantastic action flick.

Really fantastic!

Ill definitely be picking up this one on the 11th. Great review!

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Wow, great review.

My brother seen this at the movies and said he was very disappointed with it, so I didn't bother. I wasn't even going to think about getting it, but because of this review I can't wait.

Thanks,

Rob

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Great review Adam! I share your enthusiasm. :)

While not as good as the original or T2, (what real action-sci-fi films are)...it's still an impressive movie that I really enjoyed.

I am a big Ahnuld fan and was glad for this one to be a success. Looks like a great dvd too. Can't wait for next Tuesday. May have to make the trip to Wal-mart at Midnight on Monday :)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Nice review, I can't wait for this disk. When I walked out of the theater after seeing it, I said this movie was better than it had any right to be. I LOVED the ending. Some of the most intense action of the summer!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Nice review. Looking forward to picking it up. Not as great as the first two, but a decent action flick and certainly looks like a worthy DVD.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I absolutely agree about the ending... It elevated it from a decent action picture to a great film. Very brave. I can't wait till next Tuesday!

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
"Arnold goes up to Anna and grabs her by the shoulders"

Are you sure is was the shoulders? He's not up to his old tricks is he?

I can't wait for this DVD, I loved the film and hope the make a fourth.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Great review Adam.

Saw this in NYC last week and hesitated on buying it. Glad I did.

But you owe it to yourself, to crank up the volume at 32 minutes in..
I already did Adam. :D :D :D I love the part where the T-X drives the arm of the crane through the building. Simply awesome.

Joe

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Great review.

When you say there is more video "noise" in the picture than in X2, what exactly do you mean by noise?

On the October issue of Empire Magazine (UK), the director of T3 said that that there would be a second DVD version of the film in the future, since the deadline for the first release didn't allow him to produce all the features he had wished to include. I'll try to find the article and paste it here tomorrow...

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I LOVED the movie when I saw it. I saw the full-screen version at my local rental shop last week. :frowning: As you see, they like to break street date. ;) I'm getting this, the Indy box set AND the Honeymooners set today. Big day folks, big day. :)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
This is my #3 movie of the year.....my wife's #1....we absolutely loved it in the theater...last movie I saw in the theater too (my wife gave birth 4 days after we saw T-3).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks