DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: "Olive, the Other Reindeer" (with screenshots)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_Reiter, Oct 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

[​IMG]

Olive, The Other Reindeer

2. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Umm, it says in the overview the sound is DD 5.1, but then in the actual review it says it isn't.

Other than that, good review. I'll get this if I can find it reasonably cheap.

3. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

Oops, Thanx for spotting that Dan. I use a template, and forgot to change that.

4. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I love it, Adam. Dan Rudolph correcting you on something involving "Reindeer."

(Just kidding, guys)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Seriously, I was given a copy of a "check disc" on this title several years ago when Olive, the Other Reindeer was in the planning stage. (Note: A "check disc" is used in the initial production of the disc as part of the manufacturing process). I'm not sure why the title was shelved for a while but I'm glad to see that it is arriving on the shelves. It quickly became a favorite of my grandchildren and they still ask to see it.

We're not talking about Citizen Kane here, folks, but for what it is, Olive does it very well. I'm glad to see that Fox did such a nice job with this (the "check disc" was a little rough in comparison.) Something that parents and grandparents will probably want to add to the "Holiday Arsenal" - especially since some kiddies will already be familiar with the book version of this little story.

Nice review!

5. Roger_C

Roger_C Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the review. I didn't know this was being released. I loved it both times I saw it on TV.

6. Roger_C

Roger_C Stunt Coordinator

I haven't been able to find this. Anybody know what happened?