What's new

HTF chat with Warner TV and Animation? When? (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
I was wondering if the fine folks at WHV will be doing another chat with us in the foreseeable future. There's an unreleased, Holy Grail '80s sitcom I requested at one of their previous chats, and the response given was they would continue to evaluate it. I wanted to follow-up on this - or at least entertain the idea of licensing this out to Shout! Factory by opening their vaults a little more (besides the Warner Archive). Thanks.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I asked Ron a few months ago about the situation with HTF/Warner chats, and he explained to me that the switch to the new forum software didn't include an IRC client that could be used for chats. So one would have to be added that would be suitable for the purpose, and they were already looking into it. He hoped to have it all sorted out in time to have a chat before the end of last year, but obviously that didn't pan out. I don't know the precise current status, but I presume they haven't given up or anything.

Which show are you wondering about? Maybe I happen to know something about it. If you prefer to ask me privately, then you can shoot me an e-mail via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the TVShowsOnDVD.com site's pages.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
yeah, i hope they enable the chats again. It would be really good to chat with the studios around what the potential releases will be in 2010. I am not expecting a banner year, because you can see by news there does not appear much coming out in Apr-June/10. First quarter of this year is really good with Matt Houston, Barnaby Jones, Night Court, Adam-12, Hawaii Five-O and the Scarecrow and Mrs King.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by younger1968

I am not expecting a banner year, because you can see by news there does not appear much coming out in Apr-June/10. First quarter of this year is really good with...
Second quarter releases are just started to get announced, so it's really WAAAAY too early to make this kind of judgement. Some studios are still rounding out their March schedules!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great News!

We did get a date scheduled with Warner for a Television
and Animation Chat.

We have the IRC client in place to do it.

Give us a few days to think about the best way to
announce this. Perhaps we will have it announced
on TVSHOWSONDVD.COM.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great news. These HTF chats with the Warner folks are always informative, and many of us look forward to them.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I hope someone asks Warner about their plans to put out TV shows through the Archive series.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
This is excellent news around the Warner Animation. I remember being on a call with someone talking about releases for 2010 and there was going to be a 3rd volume of 1970s cartoons along with 1980s. The 1960s was not going to be produced due to low sales. I still have an itch for the following shows

1. Speed Buggy
2. Jabberjaw
3. New Adventures of Gilligan
4. Jeannie
5. Partridge Family 2200AD (i believe 4 episodes were on Partridge Family dvd)
6. Emergency +4
7. Goober and the Ghost Chaser
8. funky phantom
9. Banana Split
10. skatebirds

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by younger1968

This is excellent news around the Warner Animation. I remember being on a call with someone talking about releases for 2010 and there was going to be a 3rd volume of 1970s cartoons along with 1980s. The 1960s was not going to be produced due to low sales. I still have an itch for the following shows

1. Speed Buggy
2. Jabberjaw
3. New Adventures of Gilligan
4. Jeannie
5. Partridge Family 2200AD (i believe 4 episodes were on Partridge Family dvd)
6. Emergency +4
7. Goober and the Ghost Chaser
8. funky phantom
9. Banana Split
10. skatebirds

The rights to the animated "Jeannie" series as well as "Partridge Family 2200AD" are now controled by Sony/Columbia,which licenced the concepts/characters to H-B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks