What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Speed Racer (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I rented this, as I decided to avoid a blind buy because of Warner not providing next-gen audio.

Was surprised by how much I loved the movie - so vivid, so much fun. Can't believe it didn't find more of an audience. My little girl is 4 1/2, and when I ran it for her, she loved it too.

Her birthday is next week, and she'll be finding the blu in her presents. I know I was boycotting this title, but family fun trumps principles!!!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ah, cool. I used to watch a lot of anime but I never really watched much Speed Racer. I expect there are a lot of homages that I won't get. But as Bleddyn said, family fun trumps principles in this case!

BTW, by "a bit much" I was referring to the violence level, not the believeability (I knew to suspend my disbelief at the door for this one).

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Even the whole "business intrigue" stuff that so many reviewers thought out of place was a common element of the original. The homages are too numerous to catch with one viewing.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Well, it finally arrived--will give this a spin as soon as I can ( a) because I thoroughly enjoyed it and b) to see how good (or not) the soundtrack quality is).

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Outstanding PQ and the sound was great. Of course, I've never considered DD/DTS as "disappointing" as delivery formats, so your mileage may vary. This will be in heavy rotation as I enjoyed it even better the second time around and it is a "kid film" that even "papa" likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks