What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Moulin Rouge! (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield

Anyway, all I can say about the transfer is... WOW!

hmmm, I have a 350 and it was loaded and playing within under a minute. I have yet to have loading delays or any other playback issues with my 350 or PS3.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I did notice the weird glitch that sometimes, the resume function showed up when I started the player, and sometimes it didn't. It was a bit frustrating, because once you expect it to start where you stopped it, and it goes through the entire menu, it's just annoying. Did anyone else have this?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, I had the same situation. I did see the RESUME option

(which I thought was kind of weird for Blu-ray) and upon pressing

it, I was not able to resume.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

I did notice the weird glitch that sometimes, the resume function showed up when I started the player, and sometimes it didn't. It was a bit frustrating, because once you expect it to start where you stopped it, and it goes through the entire menu, it's just annoying. Did anyone else have this?
No. Playback was on a Sony 350.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ron-P,

Do you have internet/BD-Live completely disabled on your player since day 1 (outside of maybe doing a firmware update)?

If so, that could be the diff -- or maybe you guys have different firmware.

On the Panny BD60, people reported all sorts of different behavior for titles like Inglourious Basterds -- some even varied just because they had an SD card installed w/ something having been downloaded to it at some point and needed to have it wiped out.

If anyone has problems playing a disc on one of the big name players even after installing the latest firmware, I'd highly recommend disabling all internet/BD-Live functions and remove any installed memory card to see if that helps. And as a last resort, if it's possible, you might try resetting the player to original manufacturer state and then give that a try -- and then try installing the latest firmware.

Basically, you'll need to approach this kind of issue like you're dealing w/ a misbehaving Windoze PC.

_Man_

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Ron-P,

Do you have internet/BD-Live completely disabled on your player since day 1 (outside of maybe doing a firmware update)?

If so, that could be the diff -- or maybe you guys have different firmware.

_Man_

Yes, it is disabled. I don't do extras, of any kind, ever. They do nothing but ruin the movie magic from me so I never watch them. I do once in a while connect to the net just to check for firmware updates though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks