What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Lost: The Complete Fourth Season (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Getting a season of "Lost" for Xmas and watching it before the new season starts is a tradition in my house. I'm not passing on this based on what might happen a couple of years down the road. If Buena Vista do fail to offer stand-alone S1 & S2, I have my DVDs. Hopefully they will do the fair thing and offer all seasons individually.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'm with Dave on this one. I would have bought S4 on BD and I already have S3, but now, I'm very hesitant to do so. Besides a complete boxed set will probably have other features that people who bought seasons individually will miss out on. And yeah, there's always Netflix in the meantime.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator

Is there some way to reach them via email or through some contact sheet? I'm not from the US and have imported the set, so I'd prefer some other way than calling.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Individual releases of the first two seasons may take longer but they will come.

In the meantime the SD releases will suffice.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For the record, the extended version of There's No Place Like Home (Part One) is used on this release. Keep in mind that when I say 'extended', it's only about 15 or 20 seconds longer in the press conference scene.

And shamelessly copied and pasted from Lostpedia, here are the Easter eggs for this set:

EDIT: Fixed the info for finding one of the eggs on disc 4.

EDIT 2: Fixed another egg and added the menu change for disc 5. I've watched all the eggs so all the info should be correct now.

Arild

Supporting Actor
It's also missing some dialogue ("Was that directed at me, dude?") from the first broadcast of the episode, from the same scene.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
This is a great set. Another wonderful, brilliant job by Disney and ABC Studios.
Loved the E True Hollywood story type documentary of the lies and conspiracy of Oceanic 6.
Also, it really helped putting the flash forwards in proper order and then just viewing them in chronological order. A couple of them that puzzled me as to where in the timeline they fell when I watched the broadcast episodes make total sense now.
Now onto the commentaries.....

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
Here's the actual question and answer from the cyber roundtable:

Since when do the show's creators have any input as to when their show gets a DVD/Blu-ray release? All the episodes, commentary, and bonus content for S1&2 is done, and would be a simple matter for Disney to re-encode for a high-def release. They don't have to ask Cuse & Lindelof for squat.

I don't see how anything that Cuse said could be interpreted as effectively "closing the door" for individual S1&2 BD releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks