What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF Blu-ray Review: Friday the 13th Uncut (1 Viewer)

Mark Hawley

Second Unit
Interesting because I remember when Friday the 13th first came out on DVD, I compared it to a VHS dupe I made from the full frame laserdisc. I was expecting that the laserdisc was open matte but was amazed to find out that frame on the DVD not only had significantly more information on the sides, but on the tops as well - very rare for a 1.85:1 film.

I compared Part 2 as well, hoping for the same situation, but was disappointed to find out the full frame transfer was open matte, and the DVD frame had less on the the top and bottom, and just slightly more info on the sides, which is the norm for 1.85:1 films.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit

Unfortunately I do not know enough about SMPTE to form any kind of intelligent reply. The framing is still dubious in my opinion, but that is nothing more than what 'looks' logical to me in terms of framing. Thank you for the heads up, though. Interesting nonetheless.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
It doesn't matter too much to me either way, although it's not shocking that this "company" would claim the old transfer was wrong.

Any word on the sequels yet?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks Travis.

I said in the part 3 SD thread that I never needed to see the film again yet I can't stand having an incomplete series so I'll probably end up buying it as long as the 3-D version is included. Hopefully they include the commentary so I can get rid of the box set as well.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
At another board a "Paramount source" said 4-5 will be in Sept/Oct with 6-8 coming at a "later date". Then, perhaps a box set of all the films next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks